Is being willing to drive this far good or bad?

My boyfriend and I recently had the talk where we decide whether to date long distance or not. He is going to college 4 hours away from our home county while I am only 20 minutes away. Is it odd that I'm willing to drive that 4 hours to see him while we're in college? Is it a good thing or a bad thing I don't mind it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you asking us what we think about what you're willing to do or how far you will drive? Is just doing it not good enough or something? lol

• She's a young girl and probably insecure, I'm guessing she doesn't want to come off as a clingy girl so she's asking if it's weird for her to drive 4 hours to see her boyfriend. Honestly I don't know too many guys who would do that, let alone girls.

• Or I should just say reassurance, instead of approval or validation

• Asking others helps me see a point of view I may not have considered before. I've already decided I'm going to do it. Since I have little relationship experience, let alone long distance, I thought I might find others who may have had a similar situation.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a good thing because it shows you care about him enough to make the drive. Your dedication is very rare hopefully he appreciates it.

• You gotta be careful with that. When a guy can get a girl to drive 4 hrs for him, he might think he's got you secured and drop his guard. College is a place with a LOT of distractions for guys.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see it being bad.

• If he is okay with it, then it is a good thing but it depends on the guy. Some might lose respect for you and others won't.