Is a 9 year age gap between an 18 year old girl and 27 year old guy too much?

Would you consider this appropriate when dating or in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• General creepiness guideline: Take the older age, divide it by 2, add 7. So 13.5 + 7, is over 20 years old, so it may be a bit creepy.

Why?

Power imbalance. A 27 year old has a loooot more power in a relationship than the other one. They'll usually have more money, a good sense of self, more experience with dealing with people, and so on.

It can be okay! Stability, relationship experience, etc can be sexy and helpful. It can also mean you don't get to make your own decisions.

If you do, you're not going to have the same chance to grow on your own, find things out on your own, and you'll have a harder time learning who you are if you're always in the shadow of someone else. This can mean you waste less time doing stupid things (if he's clean, you're less likely to do drugs) but if he does stupid things, you'll get caught up in it.

So... depends, but probably too much.

A good rule of thumb - ask your friends what they think of him. If they all really approve, that's a good sign. If they aren't enthusiastic...

The age gap gets less important as you get older. My partner is 10 years younger than me, but we do okay. It's still true that I have more relationship experience than she does... so I know ways to lower stress between us, etc, which is good. But if I wanted to be a complete jerk in her life, she'd be in trouble. >.< (not that I like to even think about that, but it's true)

What Guys Said 7

• I mean imma say no cuz I personally would do it myself, but it's is kinda wierd.

• I see no issue since both are of legal age, but if it were my l little sister I'd might feel differently

• I don't think 9 years is a problem most of the time. But for a girl who is just getting into college and a guy who has graduated... the maturity difference is pretty significant.

• For fun, no. For a relationship, yes. Both of your bodies are developed, but the 18 year old's mind and personality is not.

• Its legal, who cares what other people say? Your happy are you not. Then there should be no problem.

• If you're both happy then who cares.

• The answer you're going to get depends on rather you get answers from closed minded or open minded GAGer's. I'm not PC or a follower. I'm an open minded independent thinker so my answer is no it's not to much.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. The older you get, the less the age difference will seem, but right now it's to much. Would you date a 13 year old? That's only a 5 year difference but it's enough to make you cringe a bit. Maybe when you get older 9 years will be okay, but right now it's just to much.

• I don't think it's too much of an age difference. My bf is almost 31 and I'm 22. I've dated guys that were older than him even, have always been more attracted to guys that were a little older

• My bf is 29 years old and I m 18! A lot of people don't really think this is fine. But I just love him!

• It comes down to maturity really but if you're both in very different stages in your life, like you're starting college and starting to socialize and he's more into his career and settling down... that will cause problems.

• It can work if you are mature. Are you ready to settle down and have kids?

• What we think doesn't matter in the least. Its what the parties involved think that matters...
    But no i dont see anything wrong with it.