Girls: If a guy was younger than you would you still date him or get into a relationship with him? (Mature, 21+ girls only please)?

Obviously I know younger girls on here will almost exclusively want older guys, but I've heard women date younger guys as they get older… well time to find out.

There's a girl I really like and we get on great. She flirts with me and we hang out at her place but her friends have warned me off saying I'm too young for her and that she wouldn't get with me. Well she's just turned 27 and I'm 22 so there's a 4 and a half year age gap. As people get older the age gap becomes less dramatic, it's not like I'm 16 and she's 20. Basically I want to see by these results if I stand a chance of a relationship with this older woman.

• I only date older guys
  • I would date a guy 1 year younger
  • I would date a guy a few years younger
  • I would date a guy 5+ years younger if I'm 25+
  • I don't care what age he is as long as it's legal

Most Helpful Girl

• In all honesty, I think you stand a chance with this woman. Don't let the opinion of others bring you down. As you get older, age just becomes a number. What really matters is the level of maturity you bring to the table. By simply showing her that you're just as mature as/more mature than men her age, you have a strong ground winning her heart.
    The reason why I would date older men is because of the level of their maturity, but if I can find someone younger who's maturity level is just the same, I would definitely go for it.

What Girls Said 5

• SAme situation. I was 4,5 years older to him. I never even considered younger men before him, we just really clicked. Anyway, he didn't want to pursue anything.. i think its because I was older to him. I was more open minded before but I don't think I would find myself in such a situation again. Not worth it. But you sound nice :), so go for it. Age gap matters less as you get older and i'm sure you guys have the same thing as us.. wjere we never felt or noticed the age gap. So be happy, we live once. People talk for a day and then find something new to talk about. So yes you stand a chance if there is chemistry, women are far more willing to be open to something good. So if you are good to her, she may hesitate a little about the age thing but have an open line of communication. It will make the age factor a very petty problem and u can focus on really enjoying each other :)

• It really depends. I am 22 & I have a lot on my plate and ambitious goals that I look to obtain. Dating a guy young than me could perhaps put me in the dating pool of guys who still are just figuring life out and don't understand my dreams, at least not completely. Not every "younger" guy is late in maturing - but from my experience? ... I would steer clear until I know he has a good head on his shoulder and would make a potential good life partner.
    I don't understand dating (serious relationships) just for fun - if you cannot see a future - why waste time and heartache?

I left my ex for this reason exactly. Maybe he just put a bad taste in my mouth...

So for me if depends...

• I'm 42.

I'd consider dating anyone over 30, though my preference would be that they'd be at least 35.

I see no reason for you not to try to have a relationship with her, four and a half years is nothing.

• I go for older guys.

• I only date older guys

What Guys Said 2

• Well i'm 20 and my girlfriend is 21 gonna be 22 in sept. So she's a bit older than me and i have fantastic relationship with her

As long as your mature and you get along then i'd say go for it