Ladies I need help! How do I not make women nervous?

Ok so apparently women find me 'good looking' (what I've been told) and I find women notice me a lot. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable. I dress with style (my own- not some bull**** industry) I am athletic and am confident.
My problem is women get very nervous around me. I mean sometimes they act like their brain has vanished and it gets kind of lonely sometimes not being able to have "normal" conversations with women. I also find that most women (of course around my age; I get along very well with much older women) kind of treat me as though I'm a player which I am definitely not.
Obviously this makes it very difficult to date. I'm a super nice outgoing guy but ladies just become super nervous or standoffish if I approach or talk to them. Any suggestions or insight would be great!

Most Helpful Girl

• Be funny! Laughing always makes the nervousness go away. Plus, it's attractive if a guy has a nice sense of humor. Also, act humble and sweet. That should do it.

What Girls Said 6

• is your tone of voice or body language making them this way? you could be doing something without realizing it.

• Friends say I carry myself fine.

• then maybe you just give off a bad vibe for some reason despite you trying to do otherwise. one day you'll find a girl that will look past what the others shy away from and she'll love you for who you are :)

• You come across quite arrogant to me and I don't even know you. Maybe food for thought.

• What exactly in what I said came off as arrogant? I've never been called arrogant.

• Their is a thin line between confident and arrogance. The whole tone of your question made me think so. First dates are always awkward. Why not set the first date up around an activity, like at the beach or race car driving an amusement park etc so you're not so focussed on having to make small talk but just having a good time.

• and as for approaching women, a nice smile and a humble demeanor should do the trick. Keep the convo light. Humour is great, but bottom line just be yourself.

• No idea about your looks but in my experience, I'm only nervous around men I find extremely attractive like when I had met Daniel Briere or David Boreanaz. My eyes get wide, and I can't say more than "hi" while my face blushes. That may be one reason.
    Or you could look totally creepy like you'll chain a woman up in your basement. That would make me nervous, too.

• No shackles in my basement. Wait- my ex has my house with a basement. She better not have chains down there I could be liable!!

• Omg you sound like me! I get those deer in the headlights look on my face and my mind goes blank

• There's nothing you can really do, it's beyond your control unless you change yourself a little. Like maybe don't wear clothes that show off your nice body

Or just deal with it and date the ones who aren't phased by your looks

• First, a pic of your face rather than a horses butt would be helpful

• Because I'm actually average or ugly I just posed this question for no good reason. :€ lol
      I am trying to get people to treat me normally, not differently because of my looks. A picture defeats that purpose ironically to the subject matter.

• If a really good looking guy was talking to me, I would probably get shy. I am personally a shy person in general too though. But to be honest, not nervous enough to be sweating and looking like a piece of meat for you to prey lol.
      Which concludes that it's not so much your looks, but your attitude.

• Ok thanks

• i dont believe you without a picture

What Guys Said 0