Do women need to date a few assholes first before they date a nice man?

Do women need to go out with a few assholes first before they realize who the nice guys are?

Is it really that hard to tell if a guy is an asshole or not? Or perhaps a girl likes a nice confident douchebag :)

Haha I'm just teasing of course. I would like to mention that just because a guy is confident doesn't mean he is the one for you. Of course I cannot change the world. This is unfortunately how it is.

So I'll ask again, do girls need to date a few assholes before they realize who the nice guys are that won't hit on other girls and chest and will be considerate towards you?

Uhg... I meant to say cheat*** not "chest" in the last paragraph

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel many women date a*sholes because the as*wholes are fun, outgoing, adventures and the girl never knows what will be next which excites them. Many women seem to want to change a a*shole into a nicer and kinder guy rather than just date a guy that is nice to start with. The thing is you can not really change someone, the only person that change someone is that person themselves. What ends up happening is the a*shole hurts the girls feelings. After a while the girl comes sniffing around the a*shole again, it is all fun for a while and then he hurts her feelings again and so on and so on. Then all guys become the same, they are all pigs etc. This is wrong because it is partly the girls fault for going for the very type of guy that they knew very well would do this to them. I am not saying it is acceptable for the a*shole to do what he does but if the girl went for the nice guy to start with there would be much less heart ake for her. The nice guy usually wins in the end tho because when the girl has had her fun and wants a guy to marry and have kids with she will normally go for a nice guy. Now I know this is not true for all girls but it feels like it is for a lot.

What Girls Said 5

• That's stereotypical. Things happen and sometimes the guy changes when there are already in a relationship or she thinks she can change him. But overall girls don't go for someone who belittles them. And nice guys definitely don't come in last.

• We don't necessary need to. We just happen to come across them and find them interesting. We can knowledge and experience that we carry and apply to the next "asshole" until we meet the nice guy.

• I think so...
    They don't appreciate the good guy until they've dated an a**whole...

• It often seems that way huh? Ha.. Live and learn I suppose.

• Doesn't need. But they should to appreciate the good one, and to gain some experience. And most likely the will meet one or two or a dozen of a$$hole if that matters lol.

What Guys Said 1

• Need? Of course not.

Unfortunately, until you learn to tell the difference, it's sort of a crap shoot. Without experience, how are you supposed to tell the good guys from the douchebags who act good to get laid?