Does a girl's weight matter when you look for a potential girlfriend?

Would you guys date a girl, who is about 161cm in height and weighs about 79 kg, with a pear shaped figure?

• Yes
  • No
The weight doesn't sit on my face, more so on my hips and behind.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's really sad how most guys have said it matters... what really matters is a girl's personality! Some people can't help their weight... some people have health conditions causing higher weights. Guys have got to grow up and realise that what's inside counts a whole lot more than what's on the outside.

• This is not the majority. The majority can help their weight but they are too lazy to out in the time & will power to not eat what they want and eat what they should.
      Take it from me who was obese in Nov of 2012 and now weigh a lean 146 lbs.
      It takes a ton of hard work and arguing with other people, but I am a role model for what I preach.

• That may be the case but do you really think appearance matters? Being attractive is just a bonus!!

Proud of you by the way x

• na it's the outside that matters most that will catch a guy the inside will keep a guy. end of discussion. you have to grow up and realise that the world isn't fair and this is how the world works you may not like it but it's reality and it's not changing anytime soon. You may hate this comment but hey sometimes the truth hurts. Just being honest !

What Guys Said 11

• Having too much weight on will have an effect on how I see people. Too much weight on anyone does not look good; it can be unattractive; and for me, it is a sign that the person does not care about their body.

• Keep it pounds yards and feet please Instead of CM and kg

• Metric is superior, but all the BMI calculators I find are in feet inch lbs, so I tend to convert them using Google.

• Thats for you not for me I was never taight that systen in school living in the USA

• Yeah we don't even use that shit in Canada because Murcia had to be special, do prefer it though tbh.

• Centimeters are a lousy unit, and not even a standard unit in the standard SI metric system.
    161 cm = 1.61 metres = 63.38"
    79kg = 174 lbs approx.
    You're heavy enough to qualify as obese (just).

You may still be fit enough to run and be active. If you're fit, active and energetic, that's the most important part. Weight is just a sign that you may or may not be.

You'll get by, but it's time to lose some weight.

• That's about 5'3" for 174 lbs which according to the BMI calculator is 30.8 which unfortunately means that's overweight and does skew with the assessment of physical attraction, therefore yes. You need more physical activity and a better diet.

cancer.org/.../139185-1.gif

• My personal BMI preference is 23, but +-2 deviance is okay

• you're obsessed! this if the 4th post now (one of which was mine!) that youve posted this on. Why dont you give a shit about your own body instead of telling others whats wrong with theirs, if theyre happy then leave then fucking be you superficial cunt.

• But they aren't. That's why they're asking this question.

• Physical is the first thing people notice so yeah weight plays a major part in it. don't know what that is in Imperial so can't calc the BMI to get a rough idea 79kg is 2.2 pounds so about 173...
    I'm 6'4 and was 175-180 when I was skinnier, bmi says it's overweight as well, may be time to hit the gym.

• Absolutely. Why would anyone date someone who they weren't attracted to?

• It's not important but, I much prefer a chubbier girl so I look at her weight when I judge attractiveness.

• It depends on how the woman carries the weight. Is she curvy, with nice hips, round butt, and nice boobs then she is super sexy to me. But if its all in the stomach, back, arms, legs and face then not super sexy. To me its a sign that you don't take the time to invest in your own body by eating healthy and exercising 80% of the time and treating yourself 20% of the time.

• is just how you look with it and dont go by the ibm shit im 6 ft 217 lbs i bont look it not saying im a skinny ass mother fucker im like usa football billed. ibm is shit even my dr. sad it wish i could send you a pic of me.

• Unless you're happy to settle for a really low quality guy, yes it does matter

• So I'm a tall skinny girl, would that ever be a problem when I'm skinny by nature not choice?

• Does a guy's weight matter to you at all in terms of attractiveness?

Of course it does. It does for everyone,

What Girls Said 4

• Personality matters :)

• It amazes and saddens me how people still can not accept that people come in all shapes and sizes.

I once knew a guy who liked one of my girl friends, he fancied her like crazy, he loved being around her and loved her personality but he openly admitted that he wouldn't be seen dead being in a relationship with a 'big' girl, he couldnt swallow his pride for the girl he was crazy about, and there is something terribly wrong with that

• I once dated a girl with the BMI of around 29, she was pretty attractive regardless of that. Doesn't mean it's not a health risk though.

• Anyone who says 'no' is a liar.

• I'm shocked at the men in the polls.