What do you think about 21 year old female with a 17 year old male?

There's this guy I've been talking with a whole lot for a while now, and we've been getting a long really well, my problem isn't the age gap, because when thinking about it, there's only 4 years between.
we've been kinda having this sexual/romantic-ish relationship with him.. i haven't slept with him yet or anything because for some reason, the thought feels wrong, or as if I'm a weirdo, because he's 17.. is it wrong to have any sexual or romantic relationship with a 17 year old? his age is holding me back to be honest, I just don't feel right whenever stuff gets heated up or there's this romantic atmosphere. what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's use an equation to determine if he's okay to date.

21/2 = 10.5 , 10.5+7 = 17.5

So, the minimum age someone would date at your age is 17.5, or basically 18 years old. So it's not really that bad as other relationships and I can't give you crap for dating down (I dated someone who was 15 when I myself was 17, stupid decision. Maturity makes and breaks relationships.). I personally still wouldn't shoot for it, but as long as your state's age of consent laws say it's okay I don't see a problem.

Word of warning though, in less than a year after turning 18 I matured and understood so many things 3 times faster than I ever did before, and boy was it an eye opener. So just remember that he's probably very ignorant about many things.

What Guys Said 6

• Well if you live in California Oregon Idaho Utah Arizona, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Florida Virginia or Delaware the law thinks that if you have sex with him it's statutory rape since he's under the age of consent. Could get some jail time for that if anyone finds out. I think that while your age difference if big, I'm cool with you two.

• I think he's too young for you.

• Get a fella your own age. Kinda having a sexual/romantic relationship? So you had sex with him, basically. I'll put it this way, if I had a 17 year old daughter and she brought home a 21 year old fella, I'd make sure he got the point.

• Nothing is wrong. Dont think about this modern civilization's crap. Love is love, passion is passion.

• If it were the other way round he'd be on the pedo registry!!

• what do I think? jammy bastard 17yr old babe xx

What Girls Said 3

• i dont think its weird, just unusual. 17 and 21 is good.. not if you were 15 or 16! you're nearly 18 anyway. i know some people might think its weird, but you know, thats them.. and its you.. when i was 17 i used to see guys around the age of 18-21.. and it was perfectly fine. all my friends were around their age anyway.

i think this is why we sometimes dont get happy or dont get that something we love because we worry what people might say about it..

if you really like him then go for it. if you feel like its not right then leave. simple as that

• You're doing a baby.

• My opinion: The younger you are the bigger the age gap is weird. Like 14 and 18 is 4 years but it's even more disturbing. I think what your thinking about doing is considered rape of a minor because he can't consent, I could be wrong. Either way you need to be careful legally and physically.

On another note how are you attracted to a 17 year old. I wasn't attracted to them when I was one. They are so stupid and immature.