If you get no responses from online dating, does that mean you will suck in real life dating too? True or false?

Is it possible for somone who is average looking to get more success in real life than online dating where he gets no responses?

Most Helpful Guy

• False. Online dating is much, much harder than real life dating. Women don't have lines of men that they say "yes" or "no" to in real life. Online, that's exactly what happens, so they can be as choosy as they want, and they will discard someone for having even the tiniest flaw, because there are hundreds of men lined up behind him.

• Now, it's POSSIBLE to succeed at online dating. I did, but my girlfriend messaged me first by chance after seeing my photo in the new photo section, and we clicked (we're 1000 miles away, so I would never have found her on my own).

I had very little luck with local women.

• And for what it's worth, I'm average looking, not some hot, fit, athletic guy.

What Girls Said 3

• False... just saying from personal experience.

• I don't think so. Some guys are not very good looking but they have amazing personalities. The physical aspect of somebody is one only component of the relationship.

• of course not, online dating is really different than meeting people via regular methods, and a lot of people that are online daters aren't really looking to date, some are just looking for fwb, platonic friends, attention, etc.

What Guys Said 2

• Not really, most of the girls on these dating site in our age bracket are not interested in real life dating. Most of the ones with amazing pictures are just there to get some self confidence/narcissistic reason from the 100+ emails they get a day. The other half are crazy and there is a reason they are single.

You have a much better chance of getting a phone number and date going to your local mall and talking with the females there.

• it wouldn't surprise me