Is interracial dating bad?

Like when i see people talking about it on youtube, they make it seem like its the worst idea ever. When i see black and white couples in public, i think its really cute. But others look at them like they are aliens. Is it also true that interracial dating is illegal in some states?

• No, its not bad
  • Yes, it is bad
  • I don't really know

Most Helpful Guy

• People should be free to do as they wish. Personally, I'm torn on the subject.

1) Not all family members feel the way you do about it. It's inevitable that my child will experience racism, but I wouldn't want them to experience it from their own family members.

2) You may deal with their racist friends, parents, brothers and sisters. It can take a psychological toll on you.

3) Bi-racial children often suffer from identity issues. Being rejected by one or both of their races.

Unless you're bi-racial yourself I wouldn't expect you to comprehend some of those issues. My two cents.

What Guys Said 10

• I will be very clear in the issue. Theoritically u will get 90/100 votes saying it is not bad but when time come to prove 85 out of these 90 people fly away. It is not related to ourselves only but it is a matter that involves religion, society and culture. U have to fight with all of these and maximum times people avoide unnecessary tension.

• Its illegal to discriminate at the work place because of ethnicity. Multicultural relationships are fantastic. You learn much more about yourself, the world around you, and you become a better person. I don't associate people who are prejudice based on ethnicity. Because people from different cultures and ethnicities have different life experiences, its important to show patience and understanding because values and beliefs can widely vary on a variety of topics for valid reasons.

• It is not bad, people that look are just surprised and interested in that coupling. Black and white couples are common and if you think people stare at that often imagine an Asian male with a non Asian female now that will get a bunch of looks.

• It's all good and not illegal. It hasn't been illegal for 50 years.

• Its fine there is literally nothing wrong with it.

• In terms of genetics it is bad. A black and white couple will almost always produce black looking children, as darker genes like skin eye and hair colour on black people are more dominant.

Therefore interracial couple are decreasing the number of caucasians.

• But not all caucasians are having interracial marriages, so it's not decreasing the number of caucasians. There will always be huge amounts of caucasians in Europe and huge amount of caucasians in the States that breed in their own race. In terms of genetics, it's not really bad as most of the children look mixed. I don't know what you mean by black looking, maybe you're following the one drop rule, but most interracial children look mixed. 50 Cent is Black, but Drake is mixed. little Wayne is Black, but J. Cole is mixed. Denzel Washington is Black, but The Rock is mixed. Are you going to tell me that those mixed guys look black to you? They look mixed to me. The average mixed child usually has light brown eyes or something else, curly hair, and a caramel complexion. Last time I checked most black people don't look like that lol.

• that's a good thing tho

• Thats funny because there are those black people that say interracial couples are decreasing the number of blacks.

And from your remarks, I guess your a racist

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• its cool to see people look past there differences on the outside and just love each other, i dated a girl who was white (im black) and i wouldn't have changed her for anything.

• No, it's not bad. As long the person is happy with their decision.

• People have an agenda to fulfill and sometimes it is hate and ignorance. We are all the same race and most of the western world is already ethnically mixed so this whole race issue (that surely the US govt wants so we never unite together as a people) is a ridiculous issue at best.

What Girls Said 8

• eh, it depends but not really ok here is why I think interracial couples or marriage or whatever is good...

Each race has a disease that only this one race can get and no other race can like Jewish people - Tay-Sachs disease
    Black people or African Americans (however you want me to refer to them) Sickle- cell disease
    So when you mix two races such as these together the outcome reduces the risk of getting these guys, so the more mixed races you get, the more these diseases kind of disappear but are still dormant in your body but you still have a less chance of getting it...

Now, in terms of bad to some people - when you mix a black person with a white person who has green eyes and blond hair or whatnot - the dominant gene will almost always be of that of the black folk gene - so in this sense, a lot of white folks do not agree with black folks but other than that I think interracial dating is awesome - you can learn about the differences, culture or where you two come from and teach other - I mean, I believe it is always interesting to see how two people can come together no matter the outcome and love each other unconditionally despite what half of the world thinks or feels...

P. S. in the near future, this whole world will be mixed to the point where most people will not know where the hell the other one came from...

• "P. S. in the near future, this whole world will be mixed to the point where most people will not know where the hell the other one came from"

1. no in the future the whole world won't be mixed, if you see in the america it is done it doesn't mean everywhere everyone likes and will do it. there are genetic preferences that will not change and will be always there.

2. The Genetic outcomes of mixing races if far more complicated that the disease matter said here if you do not know about Genetic distances and the negative effects and outcomes do not express yourself about the matter.

no one says it is bad or good it's free choice and has its outcomes. But no one will stop two who want to engage in such a relationships, as well as no one will and can stop the ones who do not want to engage in them by saying one side of the outcomes or by any other means.

• your knowledge comes from internet not genetic doctor/professor/biologists otherwise you wouldn't repeat a well known discredited article between biology and genetic students and you would know at least about genetic preferences to know the basic attraction of one’s own race for one. And if you knew what is Anthropology you would know we have a complete field named biological anthropology focusing on these subjects. And I do reply to anyone that says nonsense about these matters. So how about you watching what you say before you post your nonsense.

As I said, nobody cares about how you like it to be. and nobody needs your promotion of a special kind of relationship, everybody has free choice and will know better than you what is good or bad for him or her. So think about your own preferences and relationship the society has two open eyes and doesn't need your promoting mouth. go home.

• Internet now I know your stupid just please get the hell of my thread - most people on here don't even like you

• It is not bad , or good. It is just there. When two people love each other, there is no race any more.

• Hahahaha what? How is it 'bad'?

• It's fantastic, or else I wouldn't be born, lol, but I'm mixed (black and white) and dating a Japanese guy... it's great :P

• nothing is bad nothing is good. it's not ugly, it's not cute, it's neither an advantage or a sign of your open mind nor shows your closed mind, it's free choice and only it's free choice. done.

• No. I would date a guy outside of my ethnic group. I wish people would stop saying 'the white race is dying'. Stfu we're all mixed with something gosh. Just stop. Not all biracial babies have one colored eye, skin, and hair. Get over yourselfs.

• I can't think of anything bad, I like it ; )

• I wouldn't date interracially but I don't think its a bad thing either.