Is it worth it to date online?

I've had friends tell me that I should try online dating. I'm more of a face to face type of person. And I do pretty good for myself. About one girl a week. So I thought I'd ask. What's the deal with dating online? What are the best sites to use? And should I give it a shot?

Whys it just guys answering? Lol.
Can I get some ladies opinions please. Dang. Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I think guys are better to answer since they may have done and can tell you what it's like

I tried it kinda... I just talked to guys but didn't actually meet up some seemed too forward like after an hour of convo that want to go out or exchange numbers! Maybe that's normal but then again I used a free website (OkCupid) on my phone.

I'd rather meet guys in RL even if it takes a while. I'm shy so I don't get out much to even get the chance to meet guys.

I'd say try it if you're shy or live in an area where they aren't too many girls who you find an interest in

Good luck

• Well like I commented earlier. I don't feel it's for me. I like making goofy first impressions. Online dating can't give me that. I have too much of an outgoing personality. Thanks for your opinion. :)

• Oh if you're above average then you don't really don't need online dating unless you want to be lazy I guess. I'm just embarrassed and afraid of want people would say or think if they saw me on a dating website.

For me it's last resort

• Agreed. I'm glad I picked you for most helpful.

What Girls Said 5

• I took a chance with it and found my perfect lover.

Been together for 2,5 years, living together for 2. Life is grand. Btw, I used a free website - Okcupid.

• I like it! It works quite well.. If you can handle being over the comp for a bit then meeting up with the person.. i did plenty of fish, unsure about ones over your end! GIVE IT A GO MAN.. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Its fun

• Absolutely! As long as you can meet up eventually though. And always do a Skype chat or a FaceTime/etc. (You dont want any cat fish!) As for dating sites, just use things like eharmony and other ones advertised on T. V. (My friend had an online relationship for over a year before he met his girlfriend. Theyre really good together!)

• Yes its worth it. I met my boyfriend on an MMO game 8 years ago. We're now living together and have been dating for over 3 years. :3 It's successful but can be very hard. As far as dating websites go, I don't have any experience with those.

• See I could see myself meeting someone on a video game. That would be interesting. What MMO was it if you don't mind me asking?

• It was Ultima Online, old school mmo, lol.

• yes just try it, even if it's not your thing it may help for real life dating.

• RL dating isn't an issue. Just wondering if online is all its cracked up to be. Everyone seems to swear by it but I don't see the appeal. Thanks so much for your opinion. :)

What Guys Said 13

• Whatever you do, don't date online. You need body language, speech and the factors that are within these two so that you could understand the implications of who you're with. A lack of exposure to these will just not help you develop the kind of intuitions you need to skate around bad people and find the people who are most compatible with you.

• THANK YOU!!! See is that so hard to understand? Lol

• Like I said. I meet a new girl every week. It's hit and miss no matter what.

• Okay. Whatever works.

• I see it as another pond to dip a fishing rod into... so it only increases ur odds.

I say use free sites like OKCupid and Match, get the mobile app, set it to notify u of incoming messages to save time from always having to log in... as well as being able to send messages out to the women more efriciently. :)

• I mean, yeah sure, why not? It couldn't hurt anything, and you'd just be giving yourself more chances to meet the right girl.

• I have not tried it, but you may as well give it a shot. I think it's a great idea in theory. I guess a lot of guys complain at low response frequency.

• Well look at the responses to this alone. It's been up 5 minutes and nothing but guys have answered. A few of them too. That shows me that women really have no interest in the topic.

• Oh I will and I don't doubt I'll get a few female opinions. Just saying. Guys jumped on this subject like it was the last life boat on the titanic. Lol

• Many guys feel resentful toward it because they are usually the ones making the effort without reward I would guess. If you can handle that I don't see the harm in online dating. I like the idea of being able to learn about so many potential girls and what they are interested in to see if I think we would be a good match rather than just approaching on based on their looks and body language.

• give it a try

• No its not. Not for men. Women take their pick, but dudes got a better chance of getting a girls number about 100x quicker by just cold approaching randomly.

• It's worth it to find a girl online, and date in person.

• why not and one should try all forms of relationship ..

• It's not worth it!!! Meeting a person in real life is best. Online is all bullshit, meeting in person is where it matters and where you will find REAL pleasure. (;

• Lol real pleasure, not necessarily when there's a tease ah haha but in person is better because you can interact and feel that chemistry or spark... If itis even there

• Don't bother. If you can get a local, stay with it. Long distance is agonizing.

• Nope!

If you feel women are picky now, multiply that by the amount of options she has online!

• Online dating lets you be more upfront about what you are looking for, so it helps eliminate wasted time on someone incomparable. If you don't want kids, but the girl does, online you would know that right away. Even if you both wanted kids, telling someone you want to get married and have kids on your first meeting will sound desperate. Online it doesn't have the same stigma. So it is a huge time saver. Then you meet the girl in person and see if there is any chemistry there. I heard about one third of all married couples met online. So it clearly works.

• Anywhere online really. You don't have to pay a dime to meet people online or in real life.

• I beg to differ. Real life is expensive. If you do it right. Lol

• Watch the movie Half Baked and you will see a cheap but fun date. And no I do not suggest robbing a blind homeless person.