Girls, have you ever fallen in love with a guy online you've never even seen? Just from messages and personality?

Pretty much as question states, I will update if needed after responses :)

• Never but I suppose it could happen/I've heard about it
  • Yes
  • See Results
Forgot the never happened only option, just type that one lol.
And if you have, could give a brief outline of how it came about? Thank you ;)
la la update to bump...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if its "inlove".. All I know is I feel happy and inspired everytime he messaged me and I feel we're honest and genuine with each other.. His personality also matches with mine as to how he described himself in real life and portray here online :) although I'm not 100% sure, I just can sense and feel it.. :)
    it would be more lovely if meeting in person :D

• Yeah :)

• How long have you been chatting? Have you seen photos/heard his voice? Let me know how it goes if you meet :)

• not too long yet.. and yes :) Okay :D

What Girls Said 25

• Nope. I don't believe in falling in love with someone online. You only fall in love with the idea of someone. You don't actually fall in love with *them*. You fall in love with the image you have of them in your head.
    To actually be able to fall for someone, I would have to say that meeting each other in real life is necessary.

• Don't you fall in love with your image of someone in person too :p

• It's easier to act your best online for a lot longer. You just don't have to type out all the bad parts about yourself, so it's easier to control. But when you meet someone face to face, it's a lot harder for them to keep faking it for too long. Online, people can fake for years on end without making any big mistakes. Face to face, I would have to say that you can fake it for maybe a month before your true colors start showing.

• Very true, online is safer and easier to control.

• No, I don't think I could fall in love. I could be attracted to his personality, but without seeing him or feeling his presence, I couldn't fall in love.

• I never have but I've had a guy fall in love with me that way although after I met him I did fall for him

• i fell in love with a guy I have never met in real life, and he have been my best friend in 3 years now and i have still not met him yet. but i fell for him really hard! we skyped a lot but it is a little different when its a realationship on a computer than in real life, thats also one of the reasons why it didn't worked out. but he is still my best friend!

• Attraction, yes.

• Not online, but at our school we were members of a correspondence club (we are in Belgium and English is a foreign language) with a school in India. We wrote letters every two weeks t the age of 12-13. I had written contact with a boy for two years and I think I felt in love with him, or was at least truly attracted to.

Between girls we often fantasmed about what to do if we saw the boys we were writing at and receive their letters. But that did never happen.

• Falling love is big word for it. But I am not gonna lie, I have felt strong attraction. For falling love two people have to meet, spend some time and know each other.

• I don't believe you can fall in love online, you just become infatuated with them.

• Agree it is difficult to label it Love till you prove it beyond imaginary.

• C - never have and never heard about such an occurrence.

• I think at some point, we would think that what we feel is really love but since the situation is not really that normal (like meeting him personally and spending time with him), then we get scared and try to rationalize within ourselves that it's not real.

• I think it's fine if you are emotionally in a bad place and have been hurt - sometimes an online romance is exactly the fantasy you need that gets you through the day. As long as you have it in perspective and the guy isn't a creeper. If you enjoy chatting and making each other feel good, there's no harm. The problem comes in when you lose interest in dating real men because you don't want to "cheat" on your online BF - that's when you need some therapy- lol

• I must admit I had a phantom lover before.

• I got mislead, and all that with him, but I just hope for the best for him. [:

• Yes, I have. Twice in the past. But I now prefer to keep it offline and real, after that...

• Yeah i have, I've always wondered what they are like in real life tho aha

• Yes once. I lost contact with him. He was a very sweet guy, I assumed by the way he talked. So yeah I wonder what he must be like in reality. :)

• Its impossible... If it is happen Then Its Very Inscure Trust

• Yes. It is definitely possible.

• Yeah :""> but sometimes it's not good.

• I have. We met and just talked at first then got to know each other. We became extremely close, talking constantly. Later on we both admitted that we loved each other. We didn't know what either of us really looked like until after the 'I love you' conversation. Now we plan on getting married and have a family when done with college. Obviously rare situation but it does happen.

• Wow great, I'm really happy it worked out. I'm in a similar situation.

• Good luck

• Yes, I've had an online relationship before. It didn't work out and we went our separate ways. I don't recommend it, LDR's are hard to deal with.

• Yeah I did from an online game I used to play. We would text each other every day and his personality was great. Shame we lost contact tho :/

• strangely... yes

• Doesn't seem so strange going by all the yes votes :)

• nope :D

• Yes. I had an online relationship. I dont recommend it to anyone

• Agree it is not preferable

• does video chatting count?

• I don't think so because you'd see them in the video, unless his camera wasn't working or something. :)

• oh darn haha nevermind

• thanks anyway :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, girls can fall for you just through text messages or online chat.

• not about those cat fishing ways.. that is messed up falling in love with someone without ever meeting them.. too many frauds for that