Do you think my parents think it´s weird that I have not dated and I am 25?

I kind of wonder what they are thinking I mean most people my age have dated by now.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents make fun of me about it all the time. ALL THE TIME. I'm 25 too and they've only met one of my past boyfriends when I was 20. I dated in college but it was no one that was really serious so I didn't talk to my parents about them or bring any of them around. I hear about it almost every single day. How I'll never get married or find a bf... blah blah. I've learned to tune it out but it is super annoying.

• You've dated before... this guy hasn't

• which almost makes it worse because I have dated in the past and they still think I'm a weirdo lol

What Girls Said 9

• They could either think that it is weird or think that you have had girlfriends and just never brought them home. I'm 22 and my parents never met any of my boyfriends, but they know that I have been in relationships. I moved out at 19 so they stopped questioning me about my love life for the most part I know they are still concerned.

• I don't think you're the only one, if your parents are worried, there's nothing you can do about it, it's your life and you should live it as you like ;)

• I want to date though

• I'm kind of shy :(

• Guess you have to put yourself out there more, and try to fix that, because if it makes you unhappy then yes, I'd say it's a problem

• I'm beginning to wonder if my parents feel the same way. lol.

• no its not weird

• they might... or they might think your gay... some parents are quick to assume things...

• You have never dated? I know when I date, I never told my parents. I would say I'm hanging out with friends. If you have never dated you should get out there and have a few dates, meet some people. It's fun and scary at the same time. :)

• Well I've never dated because it's hard or me to meet women.

• No a lot of people are like that don't worry u will find the right person when the time is right

• Its not weird maybe they think you're a selective person

• My brother is 26and lives at home.. never had a gf.. so no they probably see u as there baby still.. don't sweat it

• I guess but most people have dated

• My gut feeling tells me there are more male late bloomers than female late bloomers, do you there is a good chance your brother is still gonna be single once he reaches his 30's?

• Just curious

What Guys Said 1

• pisses me off on when people say better late than never, you have plenty of time or it is never too late, that we can't or shouldn't compare ourselves to others, because i hate being different eventhough there is nothing i can do to change that because i'm only getting older instead of younger