Guys what do you think of getting foreign wives? Girls, what do you think of guys who do it?

I mean like a guy going to a foreign country or his home country to get a wife from there rather than get one from here (US/Canada/UK)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. If he just happens to fall in love with a foreign girl, I wouldn't think much of it. But if he literally marries a foreign girl just because she's foreign, I'd think that he has some issues.

• Why's that? Foreign cultures value different things and act differently and that includes the way their women act, maybe thats why?

• I don't think all women are, though. Asia is a pretty big area with a lot of different cultures and traditions. Stereotypes are still stupid.

• Of course, like I said exceptions, the thing is though the ones that aren't traditional are usually influenced by western culture and media

What Girls Said 8

• As long as its consensual and he doesn't turn his wife into a slave/hold her hostage, I don't have a problem with it.

Many foreign brides are abused, held hostage, and sex trafficked. Its a huge issue.

• I think of slavery sexism and imperialism.

• If he's with her because he loves her, appreciates her, all of that, no problem. But if he's with her just because she's foreign and he can't get a girl in his own country, that's not fair to the girl in question.

• What if the girl enjoys him and also likes the fact that he's foreign? both sides benefit

• If the relationship is just like any other typical relationship, I don't see a problem. It would be quite hypocritical of me to think there's something wrong with that, since I am marrying a foreign man myself.

• Hey down voter, sorry you disagree. I'd love to know why.

• If he is in love with her, it doesn't bother me

• I wonder what their motives are

• I'd think the guy is picky , he's looking for a more traditional type of girls or his family might be pressuring him to find a wife from back home.

• welp, as a person with russian father and nigerian mother, born in nigeria and living in italy with german boyfriend... i can say i approve)))

• Nothing against the girl in the question, but if he didn't go and meet her there and then like have a long distance relationship type deal and if he did a whole mail order bride thing... he's a pathetic excuse for a man.

• Why's that? How's that any different from arranged marriages

• My opinion or arranged marriages is the same. Only in those cases the patheticness expands to include the female in question and also both sets of parents.

• Alright thanks for your opinion

What Guys Said 4

• I think buying a wife is totally sketch. I'm not going to hate on a guy for it when the arrangement is technically mutual, but I'm not going to be all like, "Congratulations, dude!" However, I have no problem with guys who feel a foreign woman would be a better match and therefore expand their dating pool to foreign countries. You do what you need to do to be safe, supported, and happy, while respecting your partner's right to feel safe, supported, and happy. Everyone else can take their opinion about you not deserving to be happy if you can't find someone in your own country and go to Hell.

• I personally think it's a bad idea.

Now, I could understand if you were living in a foreign country temporarily and found a wife, but I wouldn't do it.

• It's better than settling for some ornery, indignant slag from the United States who will only end up divorcing you and taking all your money. Chances are that she will already have cheated on you as well, long before the divorce.

So yes, it is understandable.

• There are still traditional women in America, but unless you are genuinely devoutly religious, then you won't have a shot at dating or marrying them.