Guys: Would you approach a girl of another race? (mainly white guys approaching a latina/black girl)?

I live in a predominately white school district, yet somehow I only get black boys' attention, and they are the only ones that come up to me and tell me they like me & stuff. The boyfriend I have right now is white, and I initiated our relationship by asking for his number. Later on he told me he though I was really cute, but didn't want to approach me because he thought he'd never get a mixed race girl. Is this a thing? Why don't white guys ever approach me? I'm starting to take it personally -_-
P. S. I'm pretty sure I don't have a character defect :P

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, 99% of the time, no. That is mostly due to my previous dating experiences being mostly all caucasian.

Once a guy has dated for some years, they usually find some types to seem like a better match. If you lived in an area that had more mixed culture, then the guys would probably be more use to dating all different types. A person with a great personality is a great person. It doesn't matter. If the guys in your area are already used to mostly dating the available women in your area, they may certainly look at you as being different and not immediately make a connection that you are interested in dating.

In your age group, there will be more guys that don't have this pre-determined opinions about dating, because they haven't done it for years, so, hopefully it would easier to get their attention.

What Guys Said 9

• I'd definitely approach a girl of another race. Why restrict dating to just one ethnic group?

Seems like an unnecessary handicap.

• I just assume they aren't interested (which is accurate, at least from my experience), so I don't approach.

• Absolutely, beauty isn't the monopoly of any one race

• Yes, I tend to prefer black women. In America at least, black women are real women, unlike white girls who's only aspirations seem to be mindless promiscuity and self-righteous notions of their own importance.

• i dont really date black girls. latinas yeah. its rare to find a black girl im into and they're all on modelmayhem

• Some guy just prefer sertain skintone/race women

• yeah if the girl was nice and approachable I would approach, however generally I would be too scared to even talk to girls at all but yeah i would approach a girl from another race, if i grew a pair of balls like haha. Like some guys might assume girls of different races would only go out with guys within their own race but i don't think that's true. plus there is a lot of attractive black girls, like A LOT lol so yeah i would if i could be brave

• Maybe if she appeared open to an approach.
    Yeah, that's a thing. A lot of girls aren't into white guys and that number is even higher among non white females. You're part of a small group.
    Guys not approaching has very little to do with your attractiveness or how you are as a person. Don't take it that way.

• I sat right in front of him in the class we had together, and often turned back to talk to a mutual friend of ours, Tyler, & that opened up a lot of opportunities to say something... I feel like he just didn't because he assumed I wasn't approachable or something... I don't know.

• It could very well be that. He could have felt it wasn't his place to jump in on a conversation that you're having. He could have been shy or some guys are just shy around the girls they like.
      If you are ever in that situation again, try to find a way to incorporate him.
      Use the fact that you have a mutual friend to your advantage. Confide in that person or your other friends that you're interested in this guy. They could try to probe him.
      Then obviously you can try to apply any of the other ways that make you seem approachable and open to guys and especially this one in particular.

• I dont approach girls anymore. But back when I did I was open to all races

• why don't you approach girls anymore? xD

• can't be bothered anymore. Bored of sex and relationships. More important things to do

What Girls Said 1

• Don't worry it's not your fault and please don't let it make you get insecure.

I kinda know what you've been going through and I'd hate to initiate things but sometimes you have to when you want something. Most of the non black guys look at me but don't even say Hi. Some gesture but hardly say hi first

I think they assume that you only date black guys because not everyone dates outside their race so freely