Do you Girls really think that your Boyfriend is your Best Friend? Bring both thoughts in here!!!?

I think although your significant other can totally be close to being your best friend, but he cannot be that female friend of yours that can share your thoughts on how cute is Channing Tatum, not so much to the extent that your best friend can.

Your girlfriend will also never understand why guys do together in a group and talk about the shit that they do.

So I feel, although we can be a very good friend plus a whole lot other than even the best of friends can never give, I think your S/O can never be the best friend you think you want him to be.

Tell me your thoughts though... prove me wrong... or agree with me... both are welcomed.

Most Helpful Girl

• He can't understand me in the way a female can, this is true. It depends how you define best friend. I do think men and women think differently and don't understand each other as well as men do each other and women do each other. But in a good relationship you can build a very close emotional connection that somehow feels more intimate than it does with my female friends. I guess it's because we are able to build a good friendship despite our differences that makes it lovely.

• I think your description is probably the closest that I can relate to... Sometimes I feel like its her first real relationship she had to handle with a person that she actually gives a damn about. Seemed like all her previous boyfriends were like her trial runs, and she don't actually spend much time with them as much as I try to. so it seems like she has trouble differentiating what she can actually talk to me about and what she should really reserve it for her female good friends. I can talk to her about her job (we have the same job type), I can give her some sound advice on work or at least really relate to it, but I cannot talk to you about how other guys are cute, or why should I feel like I would have a response to it.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, my boyfriend is definitely my best friend. I'm probably closer and more open to him in nearly every sense, both emotional as well as obviously physical than with any other of my really close friends.

I just feel like I can trust him more than other best friends because for me as well as him, once you get intimate with someone that just takes things to a whole 'nother level. It's sort of hard to explain, but he gets to know me on the most personal level. Whether it's one of those nights where we just want to go slow and enjoy the closeness, or go at it like rabbits, you literally are seeing me bare it all. If that happens a few times and everything is still good between us, then it really strengthens the bond.

As the bond gets strengthen and we learn more about each other, we just let our inner weirdness out and all outings that I do with best friends as well just become so much funner and memorable.

Another factor is that we started as just friends which turned into more after a few months but yeah, when someone asks me who's my best friend my boyfriend will be the first who comes to mind.

• My fiance is my best friend, absolutely. Lately I have felt like he is my ONLY friend. We have known each other for quite some time, even before we got together. I think we just understand each other on a whole other level than regular friends do. He is like my partner in crime.

I have my friends, although I don't gossip about makeup, clothes, and hot celebrities (well, Channing Tatum isn't that hot to me anyways, lol). But it's nice to have the girl time. I grew up in a family with 4 brothers. Likewise, my fiance has his friends and his guy time with them.

• my boyfriend is my best friend and i tell him pretty much everything (whether its that a guy is cute or how my menstrual cycle is going that month). i do have some girl best friends, but i'm not near as close to them (on a social level) as i am with my boyfriend. with my sister yes, but she is family so i don't think that counts.

• My boyfriend is my best friend. I share everything with him, including the people who flirt with me. I talk about the celebs who are hot and he does too.

I think when you're in a couple you naturally become a little more distant from friends - the time you would have spent constantly going out, you reserve some time for your other half.

However, I think you're right, they can't fully be a best friend because why would people lie and cheat. I think you're so close you're scared to lose each other so elements of protecting each other/information comes in. The same doesn't apply to best friends.

• I'm single but if I was in a relationship my boyfriend would be my best friend because I date for personality and not really for looks.

• Nope. My boyfriend has a best friend and so do I. If I told my boyfriend half the shit I tell my best friend, I don't even think we'd even end up together in the first place. Although you should be open with your partner, there are certain boundaries you don't cross when you're in a relationship, and I've crossed every single one with my best friend. And to be honest, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to be my bestie. I love my current best friend. She's fucking awesome and irreplaceable.

• Do you mind sharing what are the things you regards as being cool to share with your bestie, but not with your boyfriend? tell me more about why do you think so. Its going to help me with my "therapy" . .. I regard my sessions on GaG to be a kind of therapy lol. I totally agree with you, and its just being able to relate to it the way you want the person to react. No point trying to tell someone something that they are not able to be relating to it, and you do not get the kind of reaction you might think is normal, and in the end, it all feels like deflated and anti-climatic.

• Not even that, there are just some things you don't say or do in a relationship. Like, farting. I will fart in front of my best friend and we will laugh and joke about it. But I would never do that in front of my boyfriend, because I personally would feel uncomfortable with it. I know a lot of people don't agree with that, but even if my bf laughed it off and said it was fine, I'd still be embarrassed. I think a lot of times that's why girls with a bunch of guy friends have so many. Because of her actions, they don't see her as girlfriend material, just friends. There are girl things that you talk about with your gfs and guys have their guy stuff. I work at Sephora and I love makeup, but I'm not going to sit there and talk about make up with my bf, because he won't give a fuck. I can do my nest friend's hair, make up, nails, and talk about hot guys, but never would I do that with man, because that's crossing the line. Especially talking about guys.

• Holy cow! Whatever you just mentioned is like exactly what I think. I will not fart purposefully in front of my GF, and she wouldn't even let me near the door even if she is taking a piss. It is weird, and I did all the farting, shitting, pissing in the presence of my ex-gf and thought it was cute, but it actual fact, I think now I do not desire those "cute bonds" and think that boundaries are set and its better for the relationship. I feel like I can connect with you in terms of relationship issues... thanks

• My boyfriend and I are best friends, but I also agree with you. There are just some things that guys need to go to guys for. With that saying though, my boyfriend and I agree that we are best friends still lol. We were actually worried to start dating because we didn't want our friendship on the line. I also think the answers you are going to get are going to very on the couple.

• i would love for my bf to be somewhat like a bestfriend as my male bestfriends are always playful and fun to be around but it seems whenever i do date one of my male friends they tend to go all gentle and everything and i honestly dont like it so im kind of wondering if perhaps i should start dating assholes and see how long those relationships last. but if it were possible for me to date my best male friend and for him to stay playful and fun then yeah i would be very content

• Haha, you have a twisted sense of logic, but its your preference. Honestly, I feel every woman wants a little of that "asshole" trait in their man, but just how much you want that is different. In your case, you prefer your man "extra assholey"? Seems like you are the kind that loves to keep male company around more than most ladies, and its ok, but its going to be hard for your partner and even yourself to differentiate the line that draws what makes your partner special as being your partner. IF you are going to treat your future partner like any other male best friends, just with the difference of only maybe sex? Then you might find that most people are looking for more than just sex exclusivity, if you could even provide that. Many women are tempted by this new found freedom of "its ok to cheat and fuc around, all men do it anyway" and if thats what most women think, its going to be a rough ride. Feels like you just want to have fun right now.

• Its not that you are shallow, but your priorities in life now are just that, and if others perceive it to be shallow, you can't help it. All that you can ask for is that your partner has the same outlook in relationship, and just wana have fun as much as you want it, and nothing more than that.

You just can't have that level of fun and being carefree while suddenly craving for him to take you more seriously and want something more out of it just because you realize both of you bond really well. The only reason folks in these r/s bond really well is because of the fun, and once you ask for anything more, the magic almost seems to disappear.

• yeah i know i get it, explains why im only ever in a relationship from 1-4 months haha

• Fuck no, My boyfriend isn't my bestfriend. There is difference by the way your boyfriend begin bestfriend. My boyfriend is my boyfriend, yes I do tell him things but that doesn't make him my bestfriend. He is my bestfriend my kind of way..*you get me :O? No? Fine*

There are so many things your female friends understand, and he doesn't.

• word up. Its almost a miracle if 2 different people from different backgrounds and different gender can be best friends and talk about everything, i mean everything in their mind and not have arguements every 2 seconds... if that's you, you are either very lucky or very deluded...

• I do consider my bf my best friend because before he became my bf he actually WAS my best friend and I told him literally everything and still do :)

• In response to the talking about cute guys thing you mentioned, we will say a certain celebrity or model is attractive but that doesn't bother either of us. We don't talk about other people being cute though lol

• Its hard when 2 partners are brought up in different environments...

• Yeah, thankfully we were brought up quite similarly

• my boyfriend is absolutely my best friend. i tell him everything and anything. we have so much in common and we get along so well. i dont gush to him about "how cute channing tatum is" because.. i simply dont do that anymore. and channing tatum isn't cute haha. i'm not a teenager. i've grown up, and i've grown apart from my girl "best friends". my boyfriend is a different type of best friend, but that doesn't make it any less valid. we always have things to talk about together. even with my girl best friends, i never talked much about cute boys, hair, makeup and typical things like that, you know? just not the type of person i am i guess. id rather have a real conversation about something interesting to both people. and hair, makeup and cute boys usually isn't the topic of interest for us.

• I wana hope that between me and my girl, we can talk more on other things... but it seems that we are pretty different, and its hard for us to be talking about similar topics, and even if we do, it seems we have pretty much different views on it, and it kinda scares me. Opposite attracts or repel? I'm hoping not for the latter.

• yeah, i guess opposites attract.. but if you have nothing to talk about, and extreme different views on everything, that might not be so fun. if its early on in your relationship, you guys might grow to be closer and have more to talk about.

What Guys Said 1

• My wife is 100% my best friend. We get along great together.

• Will you be able to tell whatever you desire to her? My definition of best friend is that you are able to share everything and anything, and he will not be very much hurt by what you think, because he's just there to accept you, and maybe guide you. However, if you were to tell your wife that you think that "sex wasn't great for the past month" , she might get offended, while if you have told a guy best friend, he would probably just tell you that you have to work on your game, jazz up the mood, learn more techniques. Thats my difference and dilemma.