What's the deal with the "friend zone"?

It's beginning to piss me off when guys complain about the friend zone. On this site they ask how to avoid being friend zoned or how to get out of it.

What the fuck? There's NO such thing as a froend zone. It means the girl does not like you, plain and simple. I don't understand why they think that they said or did one wrong thing and now the girl will only ever think of him as a friend, and that he can convince her to see him as more somehow.

I want to offer some insight to guys- we girls decide fairly quickly whether or not we want to be your friend or if we want something else. Nothing you say changes that. You can't convince a girl to like you. End of story.

Why do males think this way?
I mean yeah *some* girls do too but I feel like 9/10 times its a guy

Most Helpful Guy

• I never understood why guys bitch about the friend zone either. If you like a girl then you need to let her know. These guys cater to these women and expect the girl to "repay" them for their "help". I'll never understand it.

What Guys Said 11

• For your younger age, you speak the truth. There are some women out there who are predatory in nature and will string guys along intentionally. But it's much more likely your scenario is correct. The bottom line for guys is to never let a girl bitch you up.

• So it's the girls fault?

• I agree that its wrong but I think everyone should step away when they're being taken advantage of

• I don't disagree. But to someone being abused, reality gets twisted. I'm with you the vast majority of guys out themselves in the friendzone because they are too scared to ask a girl out

• I don't think you understand the definition of "friend zone." If a girl tells a guy she isn't interested then a majority of the time the guy will either move on or de-friend you because his emotions are too much. Friend zoning happens with guys and girls. It's when you know your friend wants to be more than friends, but you don't; however, you won't say it because you don't want to ruin the friendship. A classic example is when a guy takes a girl on a "date" and pays for all this shit and in the end she says, "I love you, but I cannot be in a relationship because I don't want to ruin our friendship." And decide fairly quickly? You might, but there have been times where girls didn't like me at first, but eventually did down the road.

LOL @ washize answer strong feminism. There is a word for people like that and they are called PLAYERS, but clearly you're too close minded to realize this! And you're best example is Elliot Rogers? So you're trying to compare guys who are upset when getting rejected to a psychotic maniac? News flash that guy would have done something like that EVEN if he had a girlfriend.

• There is more than one murder on that list. Feel free to check out all the women who've been murdered for rejecting a guy. There is more to add to that list as well. Sad that you can only name Elliot Rodgers. And its sad that you think that is funny.

• My definition is the right one trust me. If a guy comes on here and says I like her, but she doesn't I'm in the friend zone then yes I agree it's BS. It when a girl or guy clearly give signals (cuddling, kissing, touching, etc), but nothing happens.

• It isn't only about what is seen. It is about what is reported as well. Don't play that "false rape" bull, outweighs any other crime. IF you actually care to know why don't you research how many are murdered for rejecting men.

• Some of the time not all women make it clear that they aren't looking to be in a relationship.. So a guy catches feelings for a girl than had no intentions of dating him so he gets mad at the fact he caught feelings for someone and can't accept it. Tbh I believe in the "friend" zone because there's been relationships where a female ony wanted to be friends with a male which later turned out they somehow manage to be together... Basically a guy would think a girl just carried him along and instead of making it clear what she wanted he couldn't tell if she was looking for a relationship or not. I think it's more of a females fault... Not trying to sound biased but my gf had those situations in which before we got together she didn't make it clear she didn't want to date a specific fellow or whatnot... So they had a hard time accepting it and thinking there was still a chance.

• Its not up to her to tell a guy she ISN'T interested in that she's not interested in him if he hasn't asked. It would be idiotic and narcissistic for a girl to tell every guy she has contact with "by the way I don't want to date you. " that's just stupid. Its his job to make HIS feelings clear!

• That's cool that you'll ignore it... Some females encourage it with no intentions of any relations with whomever that person is. Personally I'm not gonna express feelings for someone until I'm sure that that's what they are looking for too...

• But everyone's different...

• Girls like to keep guys who have crushes on them around as friends because they are easy to manipulate. For example, my friend liked this one girl, spent his every waking minute texting her for her amusement. Every time she needed a ride, or an errand ran, or something she would call him. He always told me about how much he liked her, how awesome she was, etc. One day I heard he had helped her move all her furniture and stuff into her boyfriend's apartment. I would have told her to have her fucking boyfriend move it. That's what guys are talking about when they mention the Friend Zone. Really, guys do it to ourselves though, by thinking that by running their errands and being their friend we might have a shot one day.

• There is no friend zone online only real life friends count

• What you are describing is... The friend zone.

and yes most of the time nothing would have changed it.

You avoid the friend zone by testing for interest and not pursuing friendship if there isn't any.

• To be fair a lot of girls on here say "this guy is like my brother, friendzoned yo, skeet skeet bang bang"
    One thing though, sometimes the guy can change her mind.

• No he cannot change her mind. Don't perpetuate that BS. I mean she might decide later that he's what she wants but he can't convince her to like him. I can't stand that shit. Guys list all their "good" traits like a salesperson and say they'll do this or that if they date her... you're not selling a damn couch.

• Never seen or head of it happening. The third time a guy asks me out I'm ready to block his number. It's creepy

• Personally if she rejected me, she would have to ask me the second time, I don't get it but I have talked to a few girls who after a while gave in, I don't know why...

• There are plenty of fish in the ocean. There's always a prettier or nicer women just around
    the corner. Blow the bitch off who wants to friend zone you and find someone who will take
    care of your needs. AOO OF TEM !

• Wow you missed the point good job

• Fuck you junior, I'm sure you're still a virgin !

• Fuck you old guy, you can't read a question properly

• Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth.

• Thank you for being the only guy to understand toys

• *this not toys lolll

• Unfortunately not all girls are like you. Here's a link to a question b where she only dates from her pool of friends and seems to think that male female friendships lead to more. Her philosophy, be the best friend that you can be and you'll succeed in getting the girl. There is always two sides to all issues.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1116416-guys-what-is-it-about-being-friend-zoned-that-upsets-you

• everyone gets upset when rejected

but if you think guys are bad, see what happens when girls get rejected. they go nuts. they can't believe it. hahahahaha

• seriously like 90% of girls are more sensitive than 90% of men. but they bash men for complaining. then they complain some more when there bfs dont show no emotions. wtf

• Women throw water on guys/slap guys for rejecting them? Really?

Women crying after rejection is comparable in your mind to men committing murder after rejection?

Since everything else is too complicated for your you, lets just break down the conversation to ^this. "but if you think guys are bad, see what happens when girls get rejected. they go nuts. they can't believe it. hahahahaha" How would any of that be compared to what happens to women on a larger ignored scale for rejecting men?

• haha. ANOTHER fake point. when did i say a woman crying is as bad as a man committing murder after rejection? you're really getting desperate huh?

how common is such violence? it's so uncommon that most of the cases weren't even examples of your original point. as i said, most of them either were not shooting sprees or had multiple motives. or in the elliot rodger case, had multiple motives and most of the victims weren't even women and actually no specific rejection was ever attributed

70% of partner violence in hetero relationships is woman on man not man on woman. it's a fact you hate cos it goes against your preconceived notions of women equals victims. but you have to accept reality. maybe you'll stop whining about the threat men allegedly pose

still no apology about jezebel, huh?

What Girls Said 3

• Best thing I've read on here in a while. It's got to a point where it's exasperating. It's even worst when they think you like them but you're just playing hard to get so they keep trying and think that you'll give in. smdh. FYI: If a girl says any of these lines: "I'm not interested in you. You're not my type. I have a boyfriend. I do not like u like that. I just see u as a friend." Newsflash: She's not playing hard to get. She's just not that into you. It's that simple.

And also the infamous I'm -a -nice- guy- so -u should-automatically-wanna -date -me. theory. How about that's not the one and only thing I look for in a guy? Yeah you're nice but how about I do not find you attractive or yeah you're nice but you have no goals in life?

Ah reading this brought back memory with this guy and I'm getting annoyed all over again. lol The guy kept it up for two freaking years. so thats two years of me telling him those same lines I said in the first paragraph then he had the nerve to go batshit crazy after my last attempt to get him to stop.

• I agree with you but I want to point out that GUYS need to pay attention to HOW a girl says it instead of WHAT she is saying because to be honest I've had girls say this to me and in no way, shape or form did it actually mean "I'm not interested". guys need to pay attention to emotions, not words.

• Ok but what do u mean by HOW she says it? I didn't know it was so complex. Maybe Im just straightforward. When I tell a guy I dont like him like that... that's exactly what I mean.

• Haha see of course guys will say some shit about "how she says it. " yeah let's find more reasons to not take a girls NO THANKS seriously

• They are entitled and don't value women as friends. They don't see the value in women unless they are getting sex. Because being friends with a woman is just about the worst thing that can happen to these guys.

• Exactly. "But I was nice to you" and "but I was there for you, what do you mean you don't want to datw/and/or fuck me? "

• Yes, the type of guys that usually end up raping/murdering people.

• Exactly! 😊😊😊😊