Question for girls: Am I dateable? (please see description)?

Ok so I'm 21 and I have never had a girlfriend, hook up, or anything like that. I'm really concerned about this because I'm a pretty social guy with a lot of interests. Some of my interests include a lot of outdoor and nature things like hiking and kayaking. I also love music and actually collect records. One of my hobbies is collecting old antiques that I find including coins or stamps etc. I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, but I still love all animals a whole lot! I'm a big gamer also, like a lot of other guys. I really enjoy going to movies and hanging out with friends. I occasionally party but I don't really drink much and I also am a non-smoker. People seem to find me well spoken and humorous as well as kind and fun to be around from what I have heard.

However, I feel that I am at a big disadvantage looks-wise. How much do girls usually take looks into account? These are a few pictures of me, you will have to copy and paste this link. Also, there may be a space in the. and the com, so just delete the space:

imgur. com/a/AmGtS.

Please let me know your honest impressions as it would be greatly appreciated. I actually posted some pics on an image board in something called a "rate thread" and got pretty negative response, so it's had me quite depressed to be honest.

I have actually created some dating site accounts like POF and OkCupid as well as trying out Tinder. I've had no luck with all of these and I didn't even get any Tinder matches. Overall I am not so sure what to do about this. I am admittedly a bit shy, but still, I do know how to not be socially awkward when talking to girls. I actually have some female friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're an average looking guy like you're no dylan o'brien but you're also not ugly, maybe try to smile it will make you seem more welcoming and friendly which will make it easier for a girl to talk to you. If a guy told me he collected coins and stamps I'd probably assume that you were really boring so when talking about your interests maybe don't mention that but definitely mention your love of the outdoors majority of girls will love that. When your talking to a girl make sure when she talks you stay in tune and seem interested or else she'll think your arrogant. Try not to joke around too much like you can crack the odd joke here and there when it's appropriate to do so but don't joke around the whole time it will come off as childish and immature. When you first talk to a girl try to give her a subtle compliment like she has a pretty smile it nice eyes. Don't give up yet you'll find the right girl:)

• I'm only average looing at best? Well that's no good... What if I got a nose job? Could I at least be somewhat attractive then? What exactly holds me back from looking sort of good, like, say a 7/10?

• I just wish that I was considered slightly attractive or handsome. Most guys in my area look pretty bad, like the average guy here is honestly overweight. When I hear average I think of somebody that's unnoticeable.

• Well average where I come from is pretty good don't put yourself down it think you're not good enough cause you are

What Girls Said 11

• You are actually pretty cute. And by your description, I'd date you! Its's refreshing to see that a guy can have cool, unique interests. The one thing I have noticed in my experience with less douchey guys is that they kill everything by being whiny. There was this guy I almost dated, and everything was going great until I realized all he did was complain. So just monitor how negative/positive you are being. I'd say the middle ground is best. But just keep your head high, and look for a good girl. Cuz as much as girls complain about asshole guys, there are just as much asshole girls. Just be yourself and ask some friends to set you up.

• Alright, thanks. I really appreciate this feedback.

• I almost want to call BS. You're definitely cute, at least from my perspective. I try not to take looks into account too much, but you'd be at an advantage anyway. :P And the way you describe yourself, you sound awesome. I honestly don't know why you're having trouble finding a girlfriend, but don't worry too much about it. There are plenty of great guys who take a while (longer than you, I'm sure) to find someone.

• Ok Here comes some actual honesty. You aren't bad looking but you do seem dryer than a piece of toast. & FYI even though you think you're social social doesn't really mean you're interesting. Some people just aren't & that's OK. Just find a girl that's just like that.

• Don't listen to those meanies, you aren't boring at all, in fact, you seem way more interesting than 90% of guys because you actually have interests! Don't hide aspects of your life, you are who you are and you should be proud about that. As far as looks go, I'm a sucker for dark eyes and hair so I think you're very handsome. You've also got a great smile, make sure to get a photo of that! You seem intelligent, up beat, interesting and cute. If you're a nice shy guy, stay away from dating sites, they're just full of girls desperate for attention who have no intention of ever meeting you, or they just want no strings fun... I think it's the wrong environment for you to be finding someone compatible... plus, I think joking around is funny, a sense of humour is so important, don't listen to the anon girl.

• Picture...

Okay, everyone can be dateable or undateable. It depends on their looks but also on their personality. If you want a reply based solely on your looks, posting a picture is the only way to go about this.

• I actually posted a link to my picture. You will have to copy and paste and delete the space between the. and the com. Not sure why it does that..

imgur. com/a/AmGtS.

• LittleSally, you have to remove the dot at the end aswell.

• Hahahahahaha xD
      Yep, you look like a normal dude... Maybe it's your personality that doesn't attract the women?

• I think you're definitely dateable! Don't feel bad, I have plenty of friends who are 23-24 and still have never been in a serious relationship

• Thanks! and really? It just seems so strange to me cause I am the literally the only one in my circle of friends that has never even had a small relationship. I mean all of my friends have had like several girlfriends.

• I think ur quite datable. U probably just have to initiate more flirty conversations with girls. Looks wise ur perfectly fine and you seem nice enough

• thanks, this definitely makes me feel a lot better. I was really worried when that other girl said I looked boring and seemed like an idiot. I hope that a lot of girls don't have this mentality. I've been told that my personality is nice, but yeah I am a bit shy to make the first move a lot of the time.

• Well different people have different tastes so you'll find someone eventually:) i used to collect old coins and stamps too but I was just horrible at keeping them so they just all went missing lol.

• I can't see the pic but you seem like a really sweet guy... a lot of people i know who are around that age are still single and im pretty sure i will be one of them: ) you seem like quite a catch

• message me and i'll give you my email adress because my laptop won't let me access the link

• Maybe girls think you're an idiot. I'm not saying you are, but if you joke around a lot... girls tend to avoide you. Especially if you seem immature. You're not going to have much luck on dating sites if you don't have anything to make you stand out, besides looks. Don't openly admit you collect stamps or coins... That is so boring. Im not saying you can't, just keep itn on the down low.

• ok... well did you see my picture?

• o-okay...

• you're freaking slacking man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVbWIkO33n0

• No offense, but you seem to be gay.

• thanks for the honesty.. This is pretty depressing to hear. What do you mean by that?

• oh :(

Well maybe that's why girls find me offputting... They probably think I'm gay.,, But I don't know because I certainly do not act it. How do I look otherwise?

• Well, you don't have to act gay to be gay. You're good looking anyways.

What Guys Said 2

• Bro, stop worrying about that at all. The reality of it is that girls are not really into good looks/being a good guy, you can get any girl by being what they want. And stop looking for the perfect match, i know this coz im just like you even though im 20, i never get the girl i want and i realized its a loose game that only girls win. you only walk out with a broken heart if you are thinking of getting that perfect match. Just try to flirt and date as many girls as you can, be a player. Girls like those kind of guys.

• I just want you to know, your looks are fine. Even though I am a straight guy, you're not ugly.
    And I don't know about your personality, that is the most important thing.

• a girl just now said that I look boring... I'm sorry, but though straight men say I look fine, all girls beg to differ...