A very very easy question for girls?

A very very easy question for girls: please answer both parts

1. If your boyfriend asked you to stop telling your friends about the things that go on in your relationship, would you stop

2. If your boyfriend asked you to stop talking to your friends about his penis, would you stop?

Refreshing the question

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd hold back but probably not stop. Girls like to talk and vent and weather its good or bad we like telling our friends about it. If you're really uncomfortable with all she's saying to her friends she should respect you enough to be able to hold back some details or topics. Some things just need to stay in the relationship but not everything can be kept a secret.

As for the penis thing, if i date someone my closest friends probably know the general size but it shouldn't be a common conversation subject. So if a guy was uncomfortable enough to bring it up and ask me to stop I would.

• Would girls be ok if their boyfriends vented about them and made them look bad?

• Well its a two way street, you shouldn't be cruel or say awful things to friends about the guy your with but if she's talking shit she should know you have the right to do the same. Each argument and problem in a relationship is unique and well venting about some of them could help, knowing which ones need to just stay in the relationship is a must. If there are cretin argument subjects you're especially uncomfortable with her sharing maybe just bring that up to her. like "hey talk to your friends and all but please dont bring up x, y, or z. I'd really like that stuff to stay between us"

• Neither of you have the right to do it, so it's a failed argument.

What Girls Said 33

• 1. Yes but I never talk to my friends about the ins and outs of our relationship. He always did to his friends, behind my back and he would lie and be quite bitchy. When I told him to stop it, he did.

2. I've not spoken to them about his penis specifically and he wouldn't even know about it if I did. But of course I would if I was that way inclined.

• 1. depends how personal it is. I would happily still tell friends about the little things or what I need advice with but not anything deep and private.
    2. I wouldn't talk about it in the first place.

• What if he doesn't want you telling your friends about what he says and does (unless he is abusive)

• Would the same girls be ok if their boyfriend ranted to his friends about her

• It's not really ranting, it's called How do I solve the problem to help the relationship to work? From an objectives point of view listening to the whole situation not picking sides, close friends can help you see clearer. I wouldn't mind so long as the boy came back with a solution.

• Yeah I'd respect his wishes and stop. But if it is things like cute things we did on our dates and stuff, I don't see the problem. But if it's intimate and personal details, I wouldn't share that with my friends anyway.

• 1.) I am a very open person so I wouldn't mind my partner talking about our relationship to others as long as it's nothing super super personal. I make my own judgements on what to tell/not tell people. If he asked me to stop entirely I would be concerned as to why, I think it's normal to chat about things in your life, including relationships. I would cut down but if the topic comes up or me and my girls are chatting I would contribute to the conversation.
    2.) I never do this anyway, so yes.

• What if he wants you to keeps is secrets between the two of you

• I would never tell his secrets if that's what you meant. But general talk, like I said the personal things I wouldn't feel comfortable with my partner telling his friends I wouldn't tell to mine.

• Lol I would never talk to my friends about what happens between me and my guy. Unless I am in dilemma about a situation and need their advice.

BUT definitely not about his penis!

• Need their advice, about sex/relationship... either you can communicate with you boyfriend without outside interference, or you should break up.

• are you telling me or stating your point here, i don't get you! :)

• Girls will always talk, that will never ever change. Its our nature! Now I dont go into detail about my boyfriends penis to my bff but she knows the round about size lmao! Dont worry if she is talking about you, its really not a big deal! Just ask her not to tell you what her friends say about you haha

• Girls like that are not worth a man's commitment

• Haha, any girl that says she doesn't is lying. Plain and simple. And the 3 yr long relationship with a great man says otherwise to your comment ;)

• It's disloyalty just the same.

• No of course a girl will want to tell her friends about her relationship, cute romantic gestures, dates and what not but I wouldn't tell them about personal stuff and sex life that's between the couple

• perfectly reasonable indeed

• I am talking about personal stuff and sexual stuff

Stuff I am ok with are:
      -Were we went on a date
      -What we did on a date (as long as it isn't personal and sexual)
      -When we went on a date

What I don't like is:
      -Personal and sexual stuff
      -Commenting on my body. Penis size, penis appearance etc...
      -Critiquing my skills in the bedroom like commenting on how good I am at certain stuff
      -Anything that goes on in the bedroom. Anything sexual
      -My bad habits and my flaws (I think it is disrespectful when people trash talk their partners and I find it classless)
      -Things I say and things I do (I am a very private person and I want to be able to say and do things without theses things being spread around.

Is this ok for you personally. Do you think this is reasonable

• No that's what I'm saying I would never talk about that sort of stuff with my friends I too am quite a private person and I don't know why someone would embarrass there partner like that

• 1. not really, depending on which matters
    2. i wouldn't mention anything that intimate to any one else

• Yeah, I guess I would. But then again, I'm a kind of private person anyways.

• 1. Yes ( I wouldn't talk about our relationship anyways.)
    2. Yes ( I especially wouldn't talk about his penis either.)

• Yes for both questions, things that happen in relationships are meant for the two people in that relationship. Sure if neither of the people mind about who knows what and they've both agreed that then fair enough however if one or both people don't want their private life shared with others, then that's fair as well and the other partner should respect that.

• Absolutely. However I wouldn't talk about those things in the first place

• 1. Yes.
    2. Yes.

• 1. yes and 2 yes because :A: thats halls business and not theirs and B: u don't want all of ur business to be everyones business.

• 1) No friends, so no problem there.
    2) Refer to answer 1.
    BONUS ANSWER! I also don't have a boyfriend, so I guess it all works out in the end =)

• Yes I would but I don't talk to my friends about that kind of stuff so it's null and void for me

• Yeah I would

• I don't talk about his personal stuff anyway.:)

• Of courseeee! i dont even talk to my friends about stuff like that ahah i keep it all to myself :)

• I don't do either of those things... So yeah. No problem.

• Yeah to both

• Yes to both parts. I wouldn't want my boyfriend discussing these things with his friends in the first place, so I would reciprocate what I'm expecting of him.

• I've never done either so yeah i guess i could lol

• I would never tell such private things anyways but yes to both of your questions.

• I wouldn't do either of these things to begin with.

• 1. I wouldn't be doing that to begin with.

2. Revert back to number one.

• Yes two both.

• Yes to both questions! (I wouldn't talk about it anyway)

• Generally speaking, I wouldn't talk about either of those things with my friends :) But sometimes I might choose to discuss something with my friend if the guy & I were having relationship problems & I needed some advice. A second opinion usually makes the situation easier to understand. Maybe she'll figure out a solution that I overlooked :) But I absolutely wouldn't discuss any of the other things with my friends, lol :) I would respect the guy's wishes & keep those things private & just between the two of us. I hope I was able to help a little :)

• Its none of my friends business what goes on in my relationship so I would definitely keep it between me and my bf. And I would never talk about my bf's penis size. So Yes and Yes!

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 0