What does it mean when a guy gives a girl an old shirt with holes and fish gut stains on them?

Is there a hidden meaning behind a guy giving a girl and old t-shirt?

If it helps, he's a countryboy and I'm a city gal!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. He's thinking of marriage with her, feels very comfortable with the girl.
    2. He knows the girl won't leave him come what may, has taken her for granted.
    3. A totally frank and honest guy, its in his nature

• We are both in our late 20s. he's country and I'm a city gal.

• Well, i think he could be testing u, and see if u really throw it away. He's just trying to be cool, i don't think he wants it to be thrown away, or else why would he give it to u in the first place?

• oh you are the wise one!!! Thank you. Now that makes sense.

What Girls Said 6

• I think he wants to see your reaction..

are you grossed out?

Do you replace it?

Clean and repair it?

• I'd say "gross" if a guy gave me a t-shirt like that.. but then again if it's washed it's safe.. but honestly I don't think there's a deeper meaning... I mean it either means he's totally comfortable with you and thought you needed the shirt (to use as a work shirt or a painting shirt) or he just isn't very thoughtful a gave you a not so great t-shirt (which I don't know why anybody would do that lol) or maybe he was just trying to get rid of it and thought you would wear just about anything lol but I wouldn't look any deeper than that lol honestly.. maybe he's just trying to pass on a t-shirt that he sees no use for and thought you would make some use out of it

• 1|1
  • Wants to go fishing with u

• he's a country guy and I'm a city girl... I'm having a really hard time deciphering what it means! I asked him whats this... why are you giving me a shirt with holes and blood on it. he then replies it's fish guts lol you can keep it or throw it away. Of course, I took it home with me..

• He is hinting that he wants you to buy him some new clothes.

• He doesn't have any clean shirts haha

What Guys Said 2

• He wants it washed?

• he gave it for me to keep or throw it away?

• that she remind him in him self? so he gave it! maybe