How do you feel about dating sites?

do you think they make people look desperate for love? are they creepy? can you really establish a good, decent connection/relationship with someone you met on the internet? has anyone had any success with dating sites?

Most Helpful Guy

• Desperate for love? I don't really know what that means. I fail to see why being open about searching for a partner is strange. Sure, I think some people have really weird profiles and messaging habits, but I think just the act of registering for one is fine. It's how you use it.

As for establishing connections with people on the net, I do it all the time, on loads of different sites. I've meet people in online games, discussing things on various forums, met friends on dating sites. It works for some and not others. People who put up the arbitrary 'But we never met in person' attitude doom themselves to have no success. You can only work with the medium of interaction you have. I'd hate to miss out possible connections because I let the fact I couldn't poke them in the eye put me off.

Any success with dating sites? No, not personally. Not yet, anyways. But I think a large part of the issue is that women are swamped with copy-paste messages from creeps, while guys never receive anything because women either expect guys to do all the work, or are too preoccupied with all the other creepy shit they have to read through.

What Guys Said 7

• marrying a girl I met on eharmony next month. I've dated without dating sites and had relationships turn out crappy. I got to a point where I realized that it didn't seem as though the person who I was going to marry I was going to meet out doing the things I usually did. so I gave online dating a shot.

I think it just gives people an alternative to meeting people. if you are really set on meeting someone great it makes sense to me to give yourself every option o meet that person. I'm happy I did it because I believe I've met the best potential partner for me and doubt that I would've met someone like her otherwise

• did you feel weird telling people you had met online? maybe im so skeptical about it because I come from a very small Italian town where everyone knows everyone and everyones business. I dated a guy for 3 years who I thought for sure I was going to marry, until he was arrested for assaulting me and then blamed me for the whole ordeal. but our families were so close just like everyones family seems to be in this small town of mine. is it weird meeting someone who knows absolutely nothing about you, your friends, your family, or where you come from? or does that make it all the more refreshing and easier to form a solid relationship with someone?

• I did feel a little weird but mostly it was concern over what they may think, but ultimately I can't make life decisions (especially ones that are good for me) based on concern for what others think. especially considering how much more "the norm" online dating is.

is it weird meeting someone who knows nothing about you? not entirely, you should use a site that lets you get to know someone before actually meeting up with them. and remember that any new partner, unless they are friend or family friend, isn't going to know your family, your friends, etc. I just think it's great to expand your circle in terms of potential mates.

it can be refreshing just meeting new people who you actually have no history, baggage, or whatever with. it's like travelling to a new place. it's fun to see it, experience and even if you don't in end like the place and want to go back you have that new experience

• I think they're quite good. You get to meet people you would never normally meet and go places you may never have visited. I've flown across the world and back for people I've met online, and some of those people are now a big part of my life. Take a chance and see where life takes you, sometimes it's worth it :)

• I'm going to say maybe 5% of the dating site population is actually looking for a relationship of some type - and there is no shame in doing so. If you are looking for your 'perfect match' it only makes sense that you should expand the area you are capable of searching. Dating sites allow you to do so.

However, you have to deal with the other 95%, which mostly consists of horny men looking for a hookup.

• I think dating sites are money making schemes, they have loads of
    scammers that roam them.. They have "Catfishers" who roam them
    sites yes there are creepers who are both male/ female

• I met my girlfriend on a Catholic dating site, and we've been together now for ten months. We're talking seriously about marriage, and it's a foregone conclusion at this point.

There are a lot of scam sites for sure, but not all of them are bad. It takes persistence and maybe a little bit of luck.

• I never used a dating site but I respect people that do. Many people just don't have the success and time to find a partner in the busy times. I feel like thats where a dating site comes in to hell.

• my uncle met his wife online back when AOL and dial up was a thing (wait, that was a thing?) anyways, they never argue at all and seem to love each other very much. also I met one of my gf's online and even tho we broke up im still glad I met her

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with dating sites. It's just another method for meeting people you might not ordinarily meet