Is it possible that we can actually end up being together?

Me and my boyfriend have gone through many obstacles. First, my parents. They didn't know we were dating but then I came clean to my mom and she loves him. Second, my religion. I'm not allowed to marry anyone outside my religion but he's converting to my religion which isn't easy. Its not like hey I wanna convert and then that's it. you need to study for a while then get baptized into the religion So he's been studying my religion for a few months now and he likes it. That's basically it. We're both 18 and for being teens we've gone through a lot of problems in order to be together. I see a lot of couples that are like omg I love you but they haven't gone through any real issues and I definitely don't wanna end up like them because they all breakup eventually. Do you think its possible that we can get married later on and live happily ever after? haha

Btw college isn't an issue we're both going to the same one and its 10min away from both of our homes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it possible that you could get married? Yes.

However, "possible" doesn't mean it'll happen.

Common goals are important, such as having the same religions and standards. So that's probably a good sign.

Statistically speaking, couples who marry young have *higher* divorce rates, as do couples who live together before marriage. This is partly because people can grow up and change a lot in their 20s. Sometimes, one partner matures a lot faster than the other, creating a lot of tension. So that's one thing to look out for.

One thing that can help is to get pre-marital counseling for 6 months before marriage. A neutral counselor can help a couple sort out a lot of potential problems before you marry, so that couples have healthy communication and conflict resolution skills.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you are taking all the right steps, and he is doing a hell of a lot to be with you so I'd keep him around. Btw, what is your religion if you don't mind me asking. I'd guess amish but then you couldn't be on the computer. Unless your in rumspringa.

• I think so!

What Girls Said 2

• It certainly sounds as though the two of you are devoted enough to be together.

But what are you asking us for! If you want it to happen, I'm more than sure you'll be able to make it happen. Best of luck to the both of you!

• I think you guys are! Not many guys are devoted enough to actually convert to a new whole religion. Good for him! It's nice to hear that some people are still willing to sacrifice or work for someone that is worth it.