What makes someone "out of your league"?

I know the answers will be entirely subjective, but I'm curious to hear what you think makes someone out of your league, and why you might be hesitant to pursue them.

And for the record, I don't believe in the idea of someone being out of anyone's league. I just hear this all the time, and I'm curious to hear answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that someone's out of my league when she's exceptionally hot, because objectively, she could do better than me. But it's not a good way to look at it since people have different types/preferences, and I might be her type and not know it.

What Guys Said 12

• Eyyyy look at that, a fellow NYer, how is it hanging neighbor..

Being out of someones "league" is not far fetched thought. It really means, you are not a match for them based on either looks, professional career or age, not necessarily a bad thing.

For example, mila kunis cannot be with kevin smith, their careers and appearance don't match and even if they get together, it will be short lived because they won't feel comfortable around each other.

So its not subjective, its true, although not a negative thing, odds for lasting relationship are less...

• We all have a pretty good idea of how attractive we are to the opposite sex. We also know where we are in the socioeconomic strata. Dating someone way outside of those is both uncomfortable and emotionally dangerous. If I was in the library and a super model hit on me, I'd be very suspicious, not because I have a poor self image but because the world doesn't work that way. She's way out of my league. She might really be into me but I'd proceed with an extremis of caution, waiting for the other shoe to drop and her to make a fool out of me. Super models date star pro quarterbacks and financiers, not ordinary mid level marketing guys.

Now an excess of one can override the other. If you're average or less looking but have a few billion, the super models can overlook that. By the same token, if you're stunningly good looking, you can date out of your economic league.

• I believe everyone is equal. There is no reason to think someone is better or above another person. If someone puts themself above another then to me they are not worthy of a good relationship. Love does not discriminate it is only the egotistical individual that's is discriminatory.

• okay officially like out of my league would be like... someone who is already married :D

• No girl is out of my league.

• A really really attractive lady that is wealthy. Also, really intelligent women.

• How good looking they are compared to me, and how much they have accomplished mostly through education i. e. masters degree or higher or from career paths such as a CEO or a high occupation which makes them earn much more than me.

• A women who wants or already has kids. I'm childfree, so anyone who has or wants kids are not for me.

• No girl is out of my league.

• Absolutely nothing. Unless you're ugly.

• Leagues do exist.

This guy
    masspictures.net/.../channing-tatum-3.jpg

Is worth more than this girl
    static.tumblr.com/.../...85795509_2068654653_n.jpg

If person A can get more than what person B can offer, person A is out of person B's league.

• If she's in a relationship with a guy that I consider to be better than me.

What Girls Said 2

• Lack of confidence is the only thing that makes someone be "out of their league"

• Thats bullcrap. If I see a hot guy, I go for him. Haven't failed yet.