If I am so pretty or cute why can't I get a boyfriend?

Random People tell me that I am pretty, my family members say I am pretty, but I am 21 and still single. I have never had a boyfriend , and still can't seem to find one. I have a good personality I am not a mean or bad person, so I don't know what else it could be? I know relationships aren't everything, but I am tired of being single and I'm tired or being the third wheel. I have been talking to a guy that says he wants to get to know me, but isn't even trying? He randomly quits texting me and it takes 4 or 5 days to hear from him. I don't know what I am doing wrong, maybe I am ugly, maybe I am not... but clearly something is wrong... I just want my first date and yada yada

Most Helpful Guy

• You have warped expectations.

If you want a guy, get off your ass and get one. Don't sit around waiting to be plucked. You are not some precious flower.

A guy who randomly stops texting for 4 or 5 days? That's what we call a "guy". We are all like that.

Why not try dating this guy and getting to know him better?

• I just don't want to be one of those girls who chases guys away, and I'm hoping he and I will start dating in the future, but he's not ready for that right now.

• "I just don't want to be one of those girls who chases guys away,"

You won't be, if you can take no for an answer. And since you're not pestering the guy who says he is not ready for that right now I'd say you're not the pestering kind.

So go for it with another guy.

What Guys Said 7

• well maybe you're so pretty you intimidate potential candidates? which is kinda a good thing :D

• Lol I doubt that's it.

• Put more energy and time into it. Being casual about it won't do it if what you're looking for is a relationship.

• Probably because you don't put effort into being in a relationship. If you are actively looking for a guy and going up and talking to them you will eventually meet someone you will get along with. It seems like most women that don't get why they are single is because they are waiting for the guys to do everything. If you want to be in a relationship, you have to engage in conversation with guys and start them

• Be more sociable. Women make themselves unapproachable by decent guys when they never do anything social to meet new people. The only guys who are going to walk up to you in public places and start hitting on you even though they don't know you are players. Decent guys actually prefer to make friends with you first through some mutual interest.

• "He randomly quits texting me and it takes 4 or 5 days to hear from him"

Believe it or not, just because a guy wants to get to know you doesn't mean he wants to text you. I can be genuinely interested in getting to know someone, but I really don't text much. I prefer to meet them in person by about 1000000%. Really. Furthermore, dating has a lot of vaguaries, and one of the things that guys have to be careful of is crowding someone... if you aren't sending clear "I want more of this!" signals, and you're doing anything to inadvertedly shut him down, if he's at all socially adroit, he's going to back off and give you some room.

• True, I do put in some effort, but I have been rejected like 10 times, and after the last guy I kind of became afraid. Also the last guy I was talking to would text me this way, but that's because he didn't really care about me, so I'm skeptical now. Thanks for the advice :)

• Go after guys yourself. Girls who just wait around shouldn't complain

• I have before, but they didn't seem interested

• Maybe he doesn't want to go out... if you want to go out, do you think he's worth your time, if he hasn't asked you yet? (rhetorical question)

Besides, if you say you're pretty, then go anonymous... that's like saying you're god, no proof, no truth

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you are so shy, as to seem stuck up or closed off.

Maybe, you're a little on the boring side.

Maybe there is one thing about you, that is soooo annoying, it negates everything else.
    --> I worked with a girl who was super nice, and uber hot.. but her voice, was like she was non-stop sucking on helium.

Maybe you are, or seem, high maintenance

• lol, I think I would be annoyed with myself If I had a voice like that.

• You sound vain.

• Well I'm not if I was I wouldn't be asking for advice which you did not give so bye :)

• I really don't see how she's being vain. If she had instead said 'I AM cute or pretty' then I might agree with you

• Sorry, I was looking at the title wrong.