He's stingy or not? He's gentleman or not?

If the woman told the guy she love skittles , and in the first date brought her small skittles bag the price maybe dollar.
Is he stingy or not?
Then in lunch time he told her I know you are drinking a lot water becouse your hungry , you want take lunch , she was shy and told him no , and he's ate alone
Is he stingy?

Most Helpful Guy

• The Skittles thing was a sweet little gesture to show that he was paying attention to what she likes and that he wants to put a smile on her face. There's nothing wrong with that.

Concerning the lunch, he was a bit rash. It is customary to offer something twice: once to let the other person decline the offer as a way of signaling that they do not wish to be an imposition, and then twice to let the other person actually receive or refuse the offer. He did not follow this custom, so he was a little bit rude. Even so, he might not be aware of this custom. In any event, I do not consider this rudeness or unawareness to be a sign of stinginess.

• Thank you jesseray :)
      That's was the problem

• I have never heard of that custom and it sounds pointless.

• If you offer something only once, then you force other people to jump up without hesitation to say the equivalent of "Give me! Give me!" If these other people react that way, then they look selfish and unconcerned about your welfare, which can tarnish their reputation among their peers. If you offer something twice, then the person who is presented the offer may express concern for your welfare, which can uplift their reputation among their peers, while still enabling them to receive the offer.

If you live in a culture where it is expected that offers will be made twice (or even three times, as happens in Japan), then you will be perceived as rude by your peers. The situation mentioned in this Question is a good example of this. The woman declined the offer to signal concern for the welfare of her boyfriend, which was the polite thing to do, and then her boyfriend basically rudely punished her politeness by making her go hungry.

What Guys Said 4

• The skittles is absolutely retarded, he's not going to go all around town to find a bigger bag. Should be happy he got you some.

Lunch you turned down his offer of food, so what?

• you sound stingy he's making an attempt to approach and your just throwing him away if anything id be pissed at you

• No. Someone just wants more than she deserves.

• To me it sounds like the girl only cares about how much he has and how much she can take from him

• Before your judge about my friend ,
      I forget to minion she cooked food for him enough for one week and he came to pick it up and when he's hungry he ate from this food and she's very kind doesn't eat because she want safe whole the food for him ,
      And he ask him you want buy lunch for you she told no and she start drink a lot water

What Girls Said 5

• I think he didn't get the fact you were just pretending. He's not acting stingy

• I woyld feel touched if a guy buy a small bag of chocolate for me knowing I like them. Value of gift isn't as impt as the thoughts. If the girl want to have lunch then she shld be direct about it. Since she told him he isn't hungry naturally he won't think much. Guys r simple in that sense

• He sounds a little stingy but you have to look at the bigger picture. I would not dump somebody for not buying me a big portion of skittles.

• How is he stingy.

• Mike , she doesn't care about money she spend time and money for his food more than take dinner one week in fine restaurant ,
      She want more romantic , special they met before two days from Valentine's day.
      He can brought simple card and put skittles inside or give one red flower next the bag

• :):) I know I have bad grammar , but it's ok I will improving , i bought Rosetta online and start learning ;)

• How is he being stingy? He didn't have to buy you skittles at all but he was thoughtful enough to do it anyway. And he offered you lunch and you said no. What do you want him to do? Starve just because you didn't want lunch? You're being ridiculous.

• No apparently she wanted the guy to buy her lunch. -_-

• It's okay, at least you can understand how stupid that sounds.

• Mike your so funny :):)

• I don't think you know what stingy means