Is a messy room a turnoff?

Let's say you are talking to a guy and things are going alright. He invites you to come to his place and you agree, but when you get there his room is pretty messy with dirty clothes piled up on the floor, a bed that isn't made, and maybe even some miscellaneous trash here and there. Is this a turn-off?

What are your thoughts?

I by no means am always the cleanest person, but I make sure my place is spotless when I have company. I believe in having a clean and organized room to make the lady feel comfortable.

• It's a turn off
  • I wouldn't mind at all

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a turn off. If he can't do simple things like wash his laundry and then put it away in the dresser, or pick up garbage, or even make the bed, it looks like he can't take care of himself or his house. I'm not saying I'm completely neat myself (hell, I haven't vacuumed in more than a week, shhhhh!), but I would think an adult can pick up after themselves.

What Girls Said 8

• For your scenario it's a turn off but in general I don't care. My and my boyfriends rooms are messy and we just laugh about it and defend each other to our parents lol

• I've noticed after dating someone for a while, it doesn't matter nearly as much. My ex would stay over for a few days and by the time she left my room was essentially destroyed. It kind of made me care less about keeping it clean for her.

• Yeah and our rooms are basically messy in the same ways, clothes on the floor/chair, empty water bottles and stuff so we dont care lol

• It's a turn off but that is because my room is always spotless... I'm kinda a clean freak

• I need to get on your level.

• My boyfriend room will be mostly clean when I go over, he will only have a few clothes on the floor and that won't bother me

• To me no.
    All I have is a tiny bedroom. To the point I don't have room for a laundry basket, I only have room for a bathroom sink bowl for my used clothes.
    I got over that bridge years ago. I'm youngest of 5. I dream of a big house for my shit to live in!!
    But back to your question, no I realise that jobs and stuff get in the way. I prefer clean and tidy places but life gets in the way sometimes.

• It's a definite turn off. Makes me wary of his personal hygiene.

• It's a turn-off. When someone comes in my place I consider them as guest, so I want them to feel comfortable by keeping the place clean, even if I'm not always the cleanest myself.

• My room is always messy TBH. & I don't really even believe in making the bed honestly. I'm working on it though.

• I used to never make my bed. I did it once correctly though with brand new sheets and a blanket. It was the best night sleep ever. You should try it out and see what difference it makes. I make mine every morning now out of habit.

• lol I'll try. I just don't see the point if all I'm gonna do is lay back in it & mess it up again

• It's a turn off makes the guy look sloppy

• It's not. My whole apartment is messy so I don't think I can complain about other people's messy room.

What Guys Said 2

• Just throw the condoms from the last weekend in the trash, and make sure there's a path to your bed ;P

Nah, I guess a bit chaos makes it more cozy, but I'd at least make sure my clothes are not on the floor and no old food stuff around.

• It's a huge turn off if a girl's room is dirty, don't know what girls think.