Why are so many girls so stuck up?

Many times when I walk by girls at the supermarket or on the sidewalk, I notice that they would quickly turn their head away as soon as I look at them.

I am not even trying to flirt with them, or hit on them.

But they would quickly turn their head away like I'm trying to hit on them. And I know my face is not repulsive. It's like WTF, why do they do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• and why do you look at them? do you expect everyone to look at you and smile? no, no one will do that, people have their heads full of their problems and they do not want to look in the eyes of every person that passes by.

• It's actually kind of unavoidable to look at someone when you walk past them on a side walk, or in a narrow store isle.

Doesn't make sense to just look at the ground.

I don't expect them to look at me and smile... but just act normal? Like just look forward with no expression?

• Well, I don't understand your logic, because your eyes always look around when you're walking, even if you're thinking about stuff.

For example, when I happen to be looking at a guy, we would just have a blank look on our face for 1 - 2 seconds, that's it and we carry on our own business. Why would girls be any different?

• "Why would girls be any different?" because women are different than men psychologically. they are more sensitive when they are looked at, it makes them instantly self conscious if someone look at them with no reason specially when their mind is busy with their thoughts. it's not all women, but the feel exists in every woman and in younger ones more.

and the logic is clear, be in your own head, your thoughts. and even if you suddenly looked and a girl turned her head don't become self conscious and think about it like you are doing now. it's natural and doesn't have anything to do with you being unattractive or repulsive or anything else.

What Girls Said 5

• You guys have to seriously get with the program - if I do that it's because I am thinking of something else or using my bitch shield or just simply am looking at something else or am shy - half the time I am shy and looking at something else oh and shy meaning I think your cute so I look away and some guys which is like 1% are complete creeps - stop taking this so seriously

• It's a people thing, not a girl thing. People don't like being looked at.

Seriously, go try it at the mall with guys or something. Nobody likes it.

• they think your checking them out... they look at you and say meh i can do better then they look away and smile inside thinking you will go home and touch yourself dreaming of them and their rare beauty... so dont give them the pleasure just dont look.

I've actually seen girls who walk with ther nose in the air and seem to look around with their eyes making sure men are looking as they walk by ya its pretty sad

• It's their bitch shield, they probably don't want to be hit on so they look at guys that way. It's nothing personal against you just that you happen to be male

• Well personally I am introverted and shy so I avoid human contact at all costs. I find it awkward and I just get little anxiety attacks.
    Other girls can be like me, or they look down on people so they can imagine they are put on a pedestal. They just are cruel and I havw never been able to understand them. I am completely sorry people treat you that way :(

What Guys Said 2

• They avoid eye contact because they don't want to recognize your existence. and are somehow intimidated by it. It's like they would prefer that you didn't exist, and they are overly defensive.
    This seems to be more of a city thing, and I've noticed that country people are rarely that rude.

Smarter people (both men and women) won't turn away, and will appear more friendly. Even if they're not greatly interested in the person, it pays to be friendly. That person is always likely to have friends that you could be interested in later. If you've already been rude to them, you won't have much chance with their friends. You catch more flies with honey.

• Agree and disagree yes in a city people are less friendly however half the time girls are truly shy so I look down or turn away or look at something else

• Because nowadays guys have put women on pedestals and make them think that they are the best thing since the invention of fire.