Girls and Guys: Is it wrong to be mad at your boyfriend for calling another girl hot?

So the question is pretty self explanatory... :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, if he said it in your presence. That's just stupid and immature and it means something.

What Guys Said 8

• There's nothing wrong with that, you should just care about whether he cares about you or not.

• If you have made it clear to him you don't want him doing that, and he continues to, you need to have a serious talk. It's all about respect. It doesn't matter if it's something some people see as not a big deal. If you make it clear to him you don't like it, and he continues to do it, it's a problem.

• There is no problem if your boyfriend calls another girl hot , just look at the thing that he may not get burnt from the heat.

• I wouldn't care and I would hope she wouldn't care either. Whether or not you're my girlfriend, you're still gonna find other people hot. We don't need to hide it from each other.

• Well. My wife doesn't like it when I talk about some distant acquaintance like that. She feels it is disrespectful to call her that. But then, she thinks the very idea for a girl to look "hit" is not decent.

• Yes, in my opinion.

• No, but he could present or make it known that a rude fashion

• Go and apologise.

What Girls Said 7

• hmm depends on his intention. if its to tease me ill laugh.
    if i actually agree ill b like wow yeah she is.
    if he's checking her out and his eyes r glued to her i won't necessarily b mad, but it will put me down and ill think I'm not good enough to keep his gaze on me.

• He was expressing his opinion of a superficial trait. Everyone looks, everyone judges, everyone is looked at and judged. Even you. He's with you, he didn't leave you for her. That should be enough. If you can't trust him, it's not going to work. If you see a hot guy, you have every right to express your opinion, just like your BF did.

• Yes and No. I can understand why you would be angered.. it's just how relationships are, but I wouldn't let this 'anger' go any farther than just a minute or two. I'm sure when you're out with your girlfriends/general friends or you're out by yourself you don't think other men are "cute, or hot". It's a vise versa game.

It's not wrong to be mad at him, but don't take it personally. It's a guy thing. He does the same as you when it comes to the same situation.

• yeah i had to think about it for a minute but it is. i mean if my bf calls another girl pretty that's fine but hot i'd get mad at.

• Well I don't think it is a problem as long as he is with me :) I am hotter than her this is why I am with him ;)

• It's pointless. He's thinking it anyways. He probably sees a hot girl at least once a week and probably thinks of her sexually too. You have no control over his thoughts, so... you should just accept it.

• nothing wrong as long as he's not cheating