What are some reasons that guys don't ask a girl out?

I rarely get asked out--but I'm told that I'm "really pretty", and have a really beautiful smile, and I've been asked to work at abercrombie as well as hollister and have been scouted by a couple modelling agencies. I kickbox to stay fit, play tennis, do archery, go jogging, eat clean and healthy, have long light brown hair. I don't look muscular and I'm thin.

One guy I met would keep looking at me for a minute straight without breaking eye contact--and then he would look away and down at the floor and looked sad? He also put his arm around me while taking a group picture and stand really close to me. Usually guys won't approach me unless I approach them first and start talking to them. Then after that, they will sometimes approach me. Why is that? And how do I get a guy to ask me out?

Most Helpful Guy

• The main reason is fear. Fear of rejection.
    There can be many causes of that fear. Like, she's super hot so he can't believe she's single or would be interested in him. Or she is always with another guy (and he can't just be her friend, can he?)

It doesn't always have to be that he doesn't think much of himself. Sometimes he just thinks too much of her.

Sometimes he thinks she is dating someone else, and a guy won't ever break up a couple just to get to the girl.

Sometimes it's that he knows something about her, which makes her unsuitable. Some guys will only date virgins. Some guys will only date religious girls of the same faith. That sort of thing.

Lastly, it can also happen that guys flirt with the girl, and she is non-responsive or negatively-responsive and so he decides she is signalling her lack of interest, so he backs off and loses interest himself.

What Guys Said 7

• 1* Fear of rejection
    2* With great looks like that she must be taken - fear of rejection (don't wanna be a home wreaker)
    3* If I manage to engage a conversation with her, she must have better options - Fear of rejection

Sub-total: Fear of rejection... There must be more realistic options elsewhere.

• People who are in the range of 5 to 7, work the hardest to get results and actually do better than those who are in the farther ranges (8,9,10,1,2, etc...). At the end of the day good looks are only as precious as the amount of candidates willing to invest in the purchase of that beauty, therefore Beauty is like King Mida's curse It makes you look important, but you're still as lonely as the rest of the population.

• in my personal experience, when there was a really perfect girl, all the guys dont bother, because they think they can't meet you at that level and keep you happy. when i first got a crush on my ex, i didn't think i could get her, because of who I am, or that fact she was out of my league, but i tried and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

• In Western society: for lack of confidence or they are already in a "relationship" or they are not interested.
    In some other societies: because "what would people say?".

• Hone what's wrong with you asking a guy out, it's 2014? You sound like some guys could be intimidated by your perfection, i guess lol. Though there will a select group of guys who will be more encouraged to pursue you because you're really beautiful.

• I've been in an all girl's school all my life and just graduated that high school so I can be pretty awkward with social interactions, although people assume that I'm not shy when I am... :(

• Oh, practice more? :P
      Yeah I know what you're talking about like because I do a lot of public speaking people think that I'm not shy but on a more personal level I am.

• Maybe they are intimidated by your hotness.

• Lol you're asking thiws again

• yeah, it just really bothers me because I've been getting pressure to get a boyfriend and people keep asking me why I don't have one and so they get on my nerves. I don't know why I don't have one and they keep asking me. It's frustrating and annoying.

• Well no one can tell how attractive you are without seeing a picture of ya, if everyone seems to say you're cut should be fine anyway. Guys may be shy around you and you may have to just initiate everything.

• You shouldn't expect guys to ask you out. If you are interested make a move. That is how you are going to get into a relationship quicker

• how do i make a move? sorry, I've been going to an all girl's school my whole life and just graduated so... I don't have like any experience... at allll

• I'm not very good at this stuff but just like ask what are you doing here and stuff like that

What Girls Said 1

• They are intimidated by your beauty. Men are scared of beautiful women.