Why do girls act more catty once they know that you're in a relationship?

Why do girls act more catty once they know that you're in a relationship? Why don't they just work to get a boyfriend (single guy) instead of going for someone that has more to lose from an infidelity?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if that's necessarily true, but every girl likes some sort of challenge. The guy who has a girlfriend is usually pretty special & has some desirable traits to his personality. Mainly it's because we know that he's off limits. I don't think it's the smart thing to do (chasing after a taken guy), but I guess we can't help it sometimes. I really don't know if people can control who they fall for. I also think it brings out a girl's competitive spirit. Girls always compare themselves to other girls because we want to be perfect I guess, lol :) We always want to be pretty, smart, in good shape, and just desirable by guys. It has a lot to do with that other girl dating the guy, I think :P I hope that answered your question!! :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Because if you have a girlfriend you must have desirable traits since some other girl wanted you. Girls are very competitive around each other. It' plays to that.

• Girls are hyper-competitive when it comes to men. Every time a girl has ever had a crush on me, all of a sudden her friends all liked me to. Then the moment someone in their group notices another guy, they couldn't care less about me. They want to steal men from other girls because it makes them feel sexy and desirable.

• Single girls hate couples.