Guys, would you date a girl/ find her attractive, even if she has scars?

like... on her wrist and stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. Scars have very little impact on how attractive someone is. A number of studies have been done demonstrating this.

I'm guessing these are SI scars? Some people might view that as a red flag, not because its ugly, but because they'd worry you're still sort of in that place.

Others won't mind, and will maybe even feel protective towards you.

• He tells me this quite a bit :) aha he's right I agree with him

• If you're interested, the main studies I've seen on it took photos of a bunch of people, and then digitally edited them so they had a version of each person's facial pic with, and without minor scarring. They then would ask a bunch of people to rate pics, showing each person sort of randomly with or without scars (the raters only see each person once, but some would see person A with scars, some without).

So then the question is, if 200 people rate you with scars, 200 without, how different is your average score, and on average, how different are the average with/without scars scores?

The answer is, for women, there's no impact, basically.

For men... when asked to judge the men as long term partners, women didn't rate them any differently with or without scars. For a short term relationship, scars actually made them MORE attractive.

• thank you :)

What Guys Said 8

• I totally would! :D

• yes... ...

• You can´t really generalize this. Some do some don´t. Though I belive most guys don´t mind little up to medium scars. Everything else is preference and is to be decided inidvidually.

• not big scar, minor is ok
    on face- under consideration

• I understand it's an opinion, me personally I have a small scar beside my eye. It's not very noticible anymore and it's like just maybe at the most half an inch. But nobody notices it. Wen I was in kindergarten I got hit in the head with a rock. Lol

• I'd still date her.

• I don't date cutters. Every time you want to hang out with your friends they're threatening to cut themselves or some shit.

• fuck no i wouldn't date her, id just fuck her

• Nope. I don't date cutters and I never put my dick in crazy.

• It doesn't mean they're crazy. It means you don't understand. I'm not crazy, but I used to be depressed I cut twice, but I realized there isn't a point, it doesn't change anything. It will just cause attention and that's not something I really like. I'm fine now, I take responsibility for things, I got better, not trying to be conceited but I write really well. And a lot of it is great poems, most are very sad though, because that's the way I got my feelings out. But don't sit the and call people crazy, I understand there are attention seekers, few are actually crazy, but some just want to be in control of their own pain. The want the physical pain to overcome their mental. Because they think they're crazy for being upset, they know it's somebody else's fault but they blame it on themselves anyway. Don't make them feel more out of place than they do. Any cutter could see what you guys comment and making fun of it or assuming things you don't know because you haven't gone through it.

• It's funny how I had two clauses there, and you (as the cutter) automatically assumed that i was linking one to the other.

I mean, sure you can infer that I was saying cutters are crazy... but that's on you. I was just listing my two main reasons for not dating someone.

You can infer that I was implying something... but until you know for certain what I meant you should get off your high horse and stop telling me I'm ruining cutters lives by holding an opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• Just reading some of the guys comments.. Interesting.. I have a scar on my wrist.. Not because i cut myself (which is ridiculous) got it because i was hit by a car while i was taking the pedestrian lights. Now look at my profile picture and tell me you still wouldn't date me.. (good on the guys who don't care)

• omg you ride? we're gonna be good friends :D

• @BertMacklinFBI whoa confused now i have you replying to my responses and kheserthorpe. Yeah i know right invest in some leathers! wouldn't want me slipping and sliding all over the road. Yeah any bike would have a rear wheel spin when its raining and you give it full throttle (that's just me) hehe yeah im going to look on ebay for one. Lovely chatting with you BertMacklinFBI, will chat soon hey

• fosho, talk to me whenever you want :D

• I have tons of scars from when I use to self harm and I've had multiple guys tell me it doesn't turn them off but they worry that I'm still at that point in my life