Do you think men are afraid of women these days?

I don't know, but like a lot of shy guys, I'm rather petrified of women still. But I'm noticing that it's not just me- there seems to be an epidemic of it. I mean, you know it's getting pretty bad when there were young men more willing to sign up for the war in Iraq than ask a pretty woman out on a date. I saw that Derek Jeter recently broke up with Hannah Davis. I mean 2 or 3 years ago she would have been jailbait for him! Another thing is that even though misandry seems to be on the rise, misogyny is still a real problem and I'm getting tired of subjugating women by viewing them as animated slabs of meat. I just hope that as I try to act like a real authentic mature adult again that some silly woman, be it professional or is spoken for, doesn't try to flirt and/or throw herself at me. It's all mind games and I know men do it too. I'm just tired of giving in and I need to be more assertive. Thankfully through dumb luck disaster has been averted each time. My only fear is, what if I'm not so lucky next time?

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely think there are a lot of shy guys out there. I've been meeting some recently. I'm doing the online dating thing again and I am very open and social. I find it hard to really gauge if a guy is interested I me, as I like the guy to make the first move (I'm not afraid to make the first move, but I've had issues before being the dominant one and a guy just rolling with it and not putting in any effort. Then telling me that I was stupid for liking him since he wasn't showing signs, I just thought I was being proactive). Or at least make any move to show he's interested. It get's hard when a guy doesn't give you anything to grasp onto. So I just end up assuming they aren't interested and move on.

I know it's hard, I know it's scary. But here's the thing, I'm just as shy and afraid of the unknown as you are. So don't be afraid to make a move. Yes there are girls who won't be interested in you and will reject you. Rejection hurts! I know this too! I've been rejected myself. But the only way you are going to find love is to let go of that fear and to just embrace the situation.

At least when you are open and honest with a girl you will know for sure if she likes you back. Then you can either stop wasting your time, or get to explore all the wonderfulness that is love :)

What Girls Said 4

• No, men aren't afraid of women, they're just deluded/oblivious about women. That isn't the fault of man, nor is it inherently male. As there are just as many deluded/oblivious women in regards to women. The same delusion/obliviousness applies to knowledge regarding the male gender by both genders as well.

Quite frankly we are living in the era of WTF regarding people and humanity in general. It is simply more prevalent in gender because you are more likely to interact with someone of the opposite sex, more so someone outside of your race, class, religion, ability, est.

This happens because in the old days conforming to oppressive unrealistic gender norms/roles LITERALLY meant life/death for men and women. For not upholding what was expected of them they could be murdered, exiled, and/or tortured. Under the accusations of being ungodly or demented.

• 2. During our parents generation there was a gender revolution if you will. Where men/women no longer wanted to be confined by the moronic stereotypes of their genitals, but wanted to live life as was naturally human to them.

This is where things get complicated for our generation. Because we are STILL BEING FED LIES About each gender that doesn't apply to REAL people. The Gender stereotypes that we hold as truth for socializing with the opposite sex isn't representations of REAL men and women. IF anything they're descriptions of people who have MENTAL DISORDERS. Its true that some men and women will fit the stereotypes perfectly, but Conditioning combined with mental illness can turn a person into a caricature.

• 6. A man who wants to be loved and raise his children isn't going to be happy tucked away 14 hours a day at a job. A woman with agency that wants to lead and accomplish success isn't going to be happy in the kitchen.

These social expectations don't make anyone happy, because no one really wants it. We're simply conditioned to accept it. Which is what makes interaction with other people so difficult. If you're taught that a man doesn't have any feelings, then you most likely won't fill that mans emotional needs. Thus will probably leave you single. If you're taught that a woman never means what she says, then you'll probably never listen to a word she says, and she will most likely end up feeling used/unfilled. Thus will probably leave you single.

• 7. When it comes to our OWN gender we treat each other as INDIVIDUALS with our own separate thoughts/feelings. However when we look at the opposite gender, we ONLY see a stereotype of what a man/woman is. We don't see individuals or actual people, we see caricatures.

• I am afraid of men :( an men are afraid of me. like I am untouchable lol it is sad really

• As a woman, Im afraid of men. So I guess this is a common problem among both genders

• Im afraid of men

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not scared of women, why would I be?

• i am afraid of some women

• I think men nowadays are a little scared more of being turned down than actually afraid of women