Do MOST guys like short girls better than taller girls?

I'm not saying all guys do. I just want to know you guys' opinions on here :) Well I'm not super tall, I'm 5'9 and I LOVE my height. Wouldn't want to be any shorter or any taller. But I see a lot of tall guys with girls way shorter than me. Then I'm thinking, "oh great, now what are us taller girls supposed to do when all of the tall guys are taken?" Lol but it's no big deal, just a random question that popped into my head. So guys, do you like short girls the most? Even when you're pretty tall yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 6'4. Some of my tall female friends get pissed at me because I typically prefer shorter girls. But I dated a girl who was 6'0 and I still think she's absolutely gorgeous. It's a small preference, but a girl that I find attractive can be any height.

What Guys Said 9

• Would the thought of dating a guy that's an inch or two shorter than you be THAT bad? Just dating nothing super serious, just asking. I'm a short 5'8 size seems to me a bit unimportant at times. Ideal if I were being asked I guess it would be 5'7, however my 1st gf was a feisty 4'10 and I've had dates with girls and bedded girls that were 5'10 and 5'11 it didn't seem like a problem to me at least anyway. But no I think personality, attitude, life goals, chemistry are a bit more important than height. Lastly, I don't think I am all that tall for a 5'8 dude and I don't see myself in a LTR with short girls. I hope this opinion has brought some logical understanding to your random thought, Ms. Scorpio.

• Hmm nooo, dating a guy an inch or two shorter than me wouldn't be a big deal to me if I was really into him. It's just, you know how most guys like feeling strong and like they can protect their girl? Well most of us girls want a guy who makes us feel protected and safe. And it just seems like taller guys are the answer for that :p and it just seems like people would look for people more in their height range. Like it seems like a 5'5 girl would look for a guy about your height and a girl like me would look for a guy around 6 ft or something. But I don't know, I'm just talking.

• I think your idea is realistic in thinking that many guys want to feel protective about their girl & what not but times change & many women are able to do the same things as guys nowadays to a certain extent I think that notion is a bit out dated. Also, just a thought in relation to guys feeling protective about their girls; I'm not instigator but I've come across my fair share of bar fights or the occasional scuffle over DUMB shit & some homies well, they can't really fight. The obvious idea would be to get stronger homies, but hey what if, say the gf/date happens to know how to fight & can back me up in a fight? Like say a Le Femme Nikita or whoever? I would not be embarrassed actually I find girls who can hold their own (MMA, boxing, martial arts) pretty damn hot! Actually I like strong women in general (not those HULK smash types). 5'5 I think is a bit too small for me, once again just entertaining you to a thought.

• I would want my girl to be shorter than I and being 6', that shouldn't be too hard of a problem, lol. I don't know why but it just would make me feel stronger and like she needed more protection from all the stupid in the world, and she'd have to look up to me which adds to the "stronger" deal, and I could pick her up while hugging her, lol.

• Haha ok ok, I understand how you're thinking. So what's an ideal height for you personally?

• umm, I'd say 5' 2" - 5' 8" would be my perfect zone, but I could deff go with a bit taller/shorter. Just as long as she's not as tall/taller than I am :)

• Personally, I'd dig a super-tall (reasonably in-shape) woman. Tower over me. Wear heels.

There are so few that're even my height, that certainly wouldn't turn down someone who had a few inches on me.

Sadly, most women don't like dating men shorter than them.

• Aww don't be sad. How tall are you? I didn't think guys would like a girl taller than them.

• Haha wait so you're 6'2 and you still would like a girl even taller than that?

• I'd love to meet a 7' who is curvy ;)
      Never been with a reasonably tall woman (5'11"+). So, maybe they'd be lots of fun. It'd be nice to not get a crick in my neck bending over to kiss a girl. I'd rather misplace my kisses all over her... neck and chest ;)

• Basically, if we can pick her up on our hips and still make out

And if we can still finger you while laying down.

Then it's a good height.

Some men want smaller girls for a tighter fit, but most women stretch enough anyway, so I think that's dumb

• I like all girls but now I want tall but not to tall 5,8 is good

• I'm not taken and I woudn't care. for me there is a range from 1,60-1,80m. I couldn't handle a taller girl cause my height is just 1,75. the thing that a girl has to have for me is chemistry.

• i donĀ“t care but smaller than me would be preferable.

• Many short guys like tall girls. I'm short too but i get put off by tall girls.

• I just never thought guys would like girls taller than them. I thought guys would want girls shorter than them. :p

• Yeah I know, I just wanted to hear some opinions :)

• Fair enough. I am not criticizing your question. I was just saying it is difficult to answer them.

• 5'3" is my ideal but I'm 5'6"

What Girls Said 1

• I am 6'1" and a few guys I have been interested in over the years have said my height would be a problem for them. I think they missed out, lol.

A lot of guys do like girls who are shorter than them. What they consider short depends on their own height.