Where is the line drawn between a cute chubby girl you'd date and a fat/obese one that you wouldn't?

Just out of curiosity… I saw someone posted a question about dating a chubby girl and most guys said yes. Some said they'd date a cute chubby girl, but not an obese girl. Guys, where do you draw that line? I mean… technically chubby girls are overweight… Just curious to hear what people have to say!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of degree. There's no well-defined line between "not thin" and "obese," but there is of course a visual difference in that one means much larger and less lean (for lack of a better word) than the other.

To me, the biggest deal with a woman is whether the woman is trying to be healthy and take care of herself and her appearance. Even a thin woman would be unattractive to me if she looked like she gave no f*cks about her health or how she presented herself to others. A bigger woman can definitely be attractive if she does the opposite, i. e. takes care of herself and does her best with clothes etc. to try to be presentable, without going overboard of course.

What Guys Said 6

• Well if this isn't a trap I don't know what is. Hell with it, I'm in.

To start I'll simply say that if she's as heavy as me it's not happenin'. I weigh 190lbs. Now from there, we gotta go down some. I'm a semi-muscular guy but I've got some extra pounds evenly distributed throughout my body. I wear a little weight well. So if she's got 20-35 pounds extra weight on her body but she wears is well, then I'm in. If it's 35+ and it looks bad I'm out. So chubby is fine with me. So there's my line.

• That makes sense. I just saw someone who posted asking if guys would date a chubby girl. Most guys said yes… but that they wouldn't date a fat girl. I was just wondering what the big distinction was there.

• I wouldn't date a girl that was chubby at all, but health and fitness is very important to me and should be to the girl I date as well.

• For me, the line is drawn at 30% body fat

healthypoints.info/.../...s-for-women-mpfrhu34.jpg

• She can't have a large midsection. A flat stomach is important to me. I have a strong preference for skinny girls.

• She has to at least be able to:

1. see her toes
    and
    2. make her arms parallel at her sides.

• See, I feel like that really opens up the world to bigger girls. I'm starting to think that some guys really don't care as much as I thought

• There is none? It's an imaginary line made up by society to trick men in to thinking "certain girls are undateable"

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion there are a lot of big girls out there that have plenty of style and know how to dress.. But it s the ones that wear skin tight clothes and have no definition between her calves and ankles and when their stomach is just as big as their boobs or bigger that I think turns almost every guy off. Except the guys that are obsessed with fat girls. That's a whole different story. I'm a chubby girl myself and people think I only weight like 130-160 when I really weigh 200 >.> guess I wear my clothes right...

• I think I have to agree with you. Did you see the picture the guy posted above? It's interesting. I've never seen fat % presented like that.

• appearance doesn't matter to me 😉