I'm in love with a fictional character. What do you think of me?

If I don't feel unfairly judged, I might update this question with who this person is, but I'd rather not say yet. (No, not anybody you're thinking of, probably.) I'm single, straight, completely sociable, and completely normal. With friends. I'll even go so far as to say I'm pretty. And even though I have feelings for a character, I still want a real boyfriend. (I will not hold him up to the impossible standards of the fictional character.) I wouldn't tell any potential dates about this secret at first, but if we knew each other for a long time, what might he think of me if I told him? I wouldn't let my love for fantasy be a deal-breaker, just something I have to work through.

I have had people tell me, "You can't be in love with someone who's not real! It's not love!" "I thought I was in love with the character _______, but it was just puppy love." "Get over him!" "He's just a projection of yourSELF."

All of these statements display NO understanding of what I've been through. It's hard to imagine, but I really am deeply in love with a man who I will never touch and never hear. I've loved him for four years. I am writing a story about us to express our relationship, and it's not just to feed my ego or get off on. Every action he takes is well-thought to be as true to his character as possible, even if I don't like it. The story is about our friendship more than anything. We don't even kiss until page 100-something, and that's with small font. (Yes, I do have a life.)

So what do you think of my situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not uncommon for people to develop feelings and emotional attachment to fictional entities.. Look at religion for example. All you can do is find something real to fill the void..

What Guys Said 2

• weird in honesty...

• You're crazy. But no more crazy than the psycho's who think they are in relationships with celebrities.

What Girls Said 0