Is dress sense an important factor in finding a relationship?

So I was wandering e. g. boy wears punk stuff and metal clothing, would girl (who is preppy - GAP and the like) go out with the boy? Don't generalise to these dress codes though. And do you go towards people wearing expensive brands?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. I wouldn't say it's a deciding factor, but it certainly is one well worth considering.

I think that self respect is the most important trait to look for in someone... and that generally radiates outward from within (if someone likes themselves, they'll also care about their bodies, appearance, friends, etc)

... I think that someone with a high amount of self-respect would rely more on how to coordinate to their own style...(maybe their outfits would have campy pieces, maybe they'd have designer labels... but it would definitely have an appearance that exudes confidence and an essence signature to their respective personality and mood.

whereas, perhaps someone who didn't care as much would just put on any old thing... or maybe they'd always rely on models or friends to tell them what's trendy... just to convince themselves and others that they're enthusiastic and creative about their appearance.

What Girls Said 4

• I used to specifically seek out goth/emo/skater/grunge styles on a guy. Not only did I prefer this, I wouldn't even give a second glance at a guy who wasn't dressed that way. The style I hated most on a guy was the cliche stereotypical style that most black guys wear. Nothing against black men, I just didn't like the style. My boyfriend grew up in the ghetto and that's how he dresses. But I don't even notice or think twice about it, because I really do love him and he makes me happy. Plus he's a metal-head, in a metal band, who looks like he stepped out of a rap video, which I find so funny, because people always try to judge him thinking he is a certain way just because of how he dresses. He proved me wrong and broke me of that habit!

• I like a guy who can dress well. Aslong as his dressed for whatever occasion, i'm cool with it. Dress it up at a party, dress it down at home. One must dress code though.. Topless while mowing the lawn.. Reow reow :D

• if you like the person, clothes shouldn't matter (all to a certain degree of course)

• If you guys are all hung up on appearance that what happens when the persons personality isn't there. Would you want someone who looked good on the outside but didn't care really about you or would you rather have the person who might not dress as good but has and amazing personality and can go places in life?

What Guys Said 0