How do you feel about sex before marriage?

Some people view sex as a 'casual' thing. I don't think it's something to just be tossed around.
But I don't judge others who have sex before marriage.
It's just annoying when people think sex is 'casual'.

48

Most Helpful Guy

• i think its annoying when people think sex is casual too because some of those people that just have casual sex and say "fuck it" end up getting pregnant together and don't know what to do and make stupid decisions.

• I get the feeling some people only think of polar extremes, that it's either virginity till marriage or casual sex. Interesting that they never think of a middle ground such as sex in a relationship.

• So true BertMacklinFBI I see this happen ALL the time. To me its not something to be casual about. After all, the purpose of sex is to make children after all!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• You don't have to treat sex causally to have it before marriage. Many people are in serious relationships that last for a number of years before someone proposes. Aside from the Bible saying so, why should marriage be the thing that determines when sex is acceptable, and not the love two people have for each other?

Marriage doesn't make you love someone more. It certainly makes it more of a hassle to break up, but it arguably doesn't even make people that much more faithful. Unfortunately, people have casual sex AFTER marriage all the time. We're deluding ourselves if we think marriage is a chastity belt where only we as spouses hold the key.

• Sex before marriage saves you from discovering too late she or he has a problem related to sexuality.

• If two people have casual sex and understand its casual and want that then... its casual sex.
    I prefer sex if its meaningful and with someone I love and am in a relationship with.
    BUT, i've curerntly not had it for a year, and if a half attractive girl was to offer it, then I would definitely not turn it down.

• I'm for sex before, during, and after marriage.

• kind of a must waiting that long is flat out boring and if your going to live once then why look back and wonder why things were so dull besides its fun

• I think it's a good idea for the "test drive" reason. But, I also think it's a bad thing for the girl's future sexual value if it doesn't work out. So, tread with care.

• Let me ask, are you a virgin? I am.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really care. Everyone has different views on this. Personally, I did not wait until marriage to have sex and I would prefer to not wait so that I can be sure I am sexually compatible with someone. Not that sex is everything, but it does contribute to a healthy relationship. I don't judge people who choose to wait until marriage though, that's their decision.

• Sex isn't "casual" just because it's before marriage. If you're in a relationship and you feel like having sex, then why not? It won't be casual sex, it will be a shared experience with someone you love and that's it. I also agree with what has been said here: it helps you find out if you're compatible with that person, it'll help you discover your bodies etc.

• I don't think that there is anything remotely casual about sex.

Be that as it may, I wasn't a virgin when I got married and since my divorce, I haven't felt like I ought to wait until getting married before having sex again.

And I don't regret that.

• I loved casual sex. Fucking was fun when I was single