Would you date mentally disabled person?

I met this woman at a party. She is a cousin of a friend. by the way she has a very sexy body and a gorgeous face. When we first met she seemed normal to me. She stayed that way for about 4 hours at the party. Then her drunk sister came up and said she is retarded (her words not mine). After he sister left she admitted to me that she is mentally challenged. She cried and ran off. My friend said don't worry about it and i continued to party with him even though i kept thinking of her. I felt bad they way her sister made her upset.
A week later i came over to his house to chill and play cards. His cousin was there again. This time i came in the middle of the cousin's verbal rants and some sorta of spasm. Funny thing is as soon as she saw me and i smiled at her she calmed down. He shaking started go away slowly ( took about 5 minutes) Every one thought it crazy and cool how my presence did that. I invited her to play cards with us. My friend was hesitant but let her play with us. During the next 3 hours she was normal and she took all our poker chips.
I have taken her on a couple of dates since then. No major incidents have happened. She did have one and I just held/hugged her and she calmed down before it got uncontrollable. Her family his happy to see her happy and be somewhat normal. But they all warn me that i should not date her anymore. They are worried that she may get too attached to me and that she will have a major episode and i will leave and break her heart. this has happened to other guys that have dated her before me. Normally she would have an incident withing the second date and the guy would leave her there.

Any suggestions/ thoughts. What would you do in this situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure. I'm not sure even what the -right- thing is. Clearly she wants to date, and it seems like you'd like to go on another date with her, and you're okay for now at least with the 'episodes'. Do you enjoy her company, as a person?

Thoughts I have (sorry I'm not able to really give advice)
    - dating is painful for everyone when/if it ends, and it normally does. But hopefully for most of us, the good outweighs the bad. Is she particularly poor at handling the breakup? Maybe. To a point dating isn't worthwhile? I'm not convinced, but what do I know.
    - I suspect with her limited experience and perhaps her mental disability, she may fall in love -very- fast, so if you go on a few dates then break up, for her it would be no less painful then if you dated 6 months and broke up, except she'd only have had two happy dates. But I don't know. Then again if she had a happy fantasy relationship going on in her head, she actually DID get the 'good times' of that part.
    - If things work out sort of, are you going to be happy with her, but then leave her, because you want a family, and wouldn't have one with her?

What Girls Said 2

• she doesn't seems mentally disabled to me, maybe she is deprieved of love, care, attention. which she is getting from u now and she is normal in ur presence. if u really love her, go for it. people are going to speak what they think, regardless of how much u try to make them happy so just dont listen to them n do what ur heart says, good luck :)

• you may be what she needs. give her a chance.

What Guys Said 5

• I read this earlier "Give love a chance" :) I give credit to xxDanDangg

• Screw that, just talk to her more and get to know her. What is mentally challenged anyways when she seems completely normal? LOL! To me it seems like you 2 are a match made in Heaven. Good luck with her!

-Her family just seems paranoid to me, I mean they know lots of people date and break up a lot and figure you might do the same, JUST DON'T LET THEM DOWN and you'll be fine!

• How is she mentally disabled?

• Awh, that's sweet. Long as you are good to her and she's happy I don't see the problem with it.

• Does she act mentally disabled?