Do you think its bad for a girl to date an older guy?

I think people pay too much atention to age when dating

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the age of the girl, but for the most part I think it's totally fine. People can find love in all different sizes, shapes, ages, places of the world, etc.

What Guys Said 7

• There's a fine line to establish the difference between a child and an adult.. It's the 18 years of age mark. If you're under that there's no denying you're too young to date someone 18 or older.. unless you were 17 and they were 18. basically my rule for age difference when dealing with people under the age of 18 is no more than a 2 year age difference.

• to a certain extent, but nope:)

• As long as she isn't adult, there's a potential a skewed relationship and for huge trouble. Play in your age category. A 10% difference won't be a problem. A 20% or 25% age difference means you have different
    *-liberties
    *-responsibilities
    *-freedom
    *-financial means
    *-interests
    *-experience
    *-friends
    *-aims
    *-expectations

All that makes a lot to bridge.

• Yes I do A lot of older men choose younger woman because they want somebody that is easy to control, exploit, and dominate. You're under 18, and therefore don't have independence, or even full control of your life. You probably live with your parents, no? He probably has or is planning on getting an apartment, he's probably working, and so much more. I always discourage dating people who are much older then you!

• I'm not saying a 15 year old girl date a 30 year old man , I'm saying a 15 girl date a 20 guy

• Thanks. I tried.

• That's the best we can do, right? :D

• This opinion might not be popular, but I personally thing younger girls should date older guys. Most girls at 18 are ready to start having babies. Most guys at 18 are unable to provide for babies. So if they're going to get knocked up, I'd rather they go for some 30 year old with a stable job and a house than some hipster with no muscle mass, and no job experience, who lives with his mom.

• A 30 year old going after an 18 year old sounds like a sexual predator to me.

• : I already change my mine xD

• OMG AGE DOES NOT MATTER... once your over 18.

• why does it matter when you are under 18 ? lol

• Yes, once you'e over 18.

• It matters when you're under 18 because it's against the law for a grown man to engage in a romantic relationship with a minor because when you're around 16 or younger you're still a child.

• No not at all. It's ok to date any age

What Girls Said 4

• At sixteen I was dating a 21 years old guy. I feel that it natural because life. Girls like guys older than them usually. I have never dated someone the same age as me. It has always been in a range +2 and -6 years older than me.

• Not me. In fact, I prefer if the guy be older than I. This guy at work is 34 asked if I would date someone his age, I'm 26. I would have no issues at all. The only time I see it as an issue is if its an adult with a minor.

• You're umder 18- age is important in your case.

• No healthy minded respectable 20 year old guy wants anything to do with a 15 year old girl!
      When you hit 17/18/19 you'll hopefully finally get it. When I was 13 my friend had a 17 year old creep trying to get with her. She didn't think it was weird. Fast forward four years, now that she's 17 she sees how weird that shit was.
      My brother is 20, it would be like him trying to get a freshman in high school. Wtf? This guy can't get girls his own age?
      At 20 you're probably starting a career, living on your own, going to college, etc and a 15 year old is figuring out high school and developing their prefrontal cortex. Its ILLEGAL for a reason.
      Oh god I'm getting mad. Ok. Rant over.

• THANK YOU! You hit it right on the head!

• Also, you said maturity comes with experience. In a way yes. But again, every 15 year old thinks they're "experienced." You're not. Your life is high school. Lol.

• Most girls date an older guy at some point in their lives :) I think it has a lot to do with feeling secure & protected around him. If he's quite a few years older, that means he's more likely to have a stable job/income & better able to provide :) I also think girls mature a lot faster than guys & feel like they need someone on the same maturity level. In my own experience a guy who is 3-5 years older is usually the best way to go. People turn this into a big deal because it's usually associated with rebellion, but sometimes it just works out that way :) My guy is 2 years older & we just seem to understand each other better than someone my own age. I see nothing wrong with dating an older guy, but they still should be within the same age range. Like a sixteen-year-old shouldn't date a thirty-year-old, for example!! :) That's when people should be concerned & intervene, lol :) I hope I was able to help a little!!