A guy friend is asking to be in a relationship, I don't know what to say?

Yesterday I went to a friend's house to catch up, we've known each other for a long time, and we're both in our hometown because we're home from school. (I've always had a little crush on him/thought he was cute). A few months ago, when summer initially started, we were hanging out one on one, and things got heated. We ended up having sex, and then hung out again like a week later and the same thing happened. After the 2nd time, we agreed that we shouldn't do that anymore, mostly because he didn't want me to get feelings for him. I did for awhile, I really wanted to be his girlfriend for a little bit after that, but I realized that it was dumb. He's going to college in a different state than me, and it just would never work.
He's still been a good friend afterward though, and it hasn't been awkward, until yesterday. He invited me to over to play video games, but we ended up just watching netflix and cuddling/kissing. I asked him what he was doing and he told me that he didn't mind if i caught feelings anymore because he really liked me, and he asked me to be his girlfriend

I just told him that I was under the impression that this was just a hook-up kind of deal. It kinda bummed me out to hear because I did have some feelings for him, but I made an effort to make them go away because he made it clear to me that we weren't going to work. I'm kind of getting the feelings back, but it's so dumb to get in a relationship at this point in our lives.. I feel like it's just asking for heart break. We're both so young and dumb and I get the impression that he's no where near ready to be committed.. but I really like him and he's got a light hold on my heart.

I don't know what to do. Please give me some advice! Thank you for your help <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if you really can't decide...

Flip a coin. Toss it up really high. Maybe just maybe, while it's in mid air, you'll realize that in your mind you'll be hoping for it to land on a specific side. That's the decision you really want to make.

• Tbh I already did that, and it didn't help. I actually do that all the time when I'm trying to make decisions lol

• I think that's what I'm going to do. :p My feelings aren't too strong right now, like no where near strong enough to survive a long distance relationship. I just really hope I didn't ruin my friendship with him.

• I get what you mean. He should understand, I doubt that'll happen. Best of luck :)

What Guys Said 6

• Sex pretty much ruined this friendship. In my opinion it's best for you guys to go your separate ways.

• You risk getting hurt either way, so do whatever you feel like, there is no safe bet.

• I wouldn't get hurt if we didn't date

• Then play is safe and don't commit. But you can be long distance friends with benefits, then neither of you are committed but your are both keeping the door open, presuming you both have the mentality for it, since it's not without risks of getting hurt either.

• It obviously means that he wasn't your friend but he just wanted to be a one bcz he was probably shy of asking you out ,, not saying that he wasn't a good friend obviously he was nice to you since he changed from friendship to relationship.

• He just wants that pussy...

• I feel you should go your separate ways. Guess he likes you because of the sex.

• If u have feelings for him than u must say yes!!

What Girls Said 0