I'm afraid to date and get into a relationship because of my lack of experience?

A little background I am a 20 year old male and I've never had a real girlfriend in my life. This was mainly due to me growing up overweight and lacking confidence. But I took it upon myself to actually lose weight and make myself presentable. Now I fear I lack that experience I should of gained during highschool for a relationship. Does anyone have advice for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be afraid! No age is too late to start dating! I think it's better to start dating later in life than being in a relationship when you're as young as say, 12. Relationships are so much more meaningful when you're older, so now you know your first relationship has the potential to be greater because you're older! Experience shouldn't matter. Just try to work on your confidence, because you need to love yourself before you can open your heart to others.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Only one it will matter to is yourself. Go out there and have some fun. Don't get stuck in circular thinking of I have no experience so no one will date me.

• Ok so I shouldn't worry about it.

• just go out and start of by just talking and then once you done that a few times start offering to buy drinks giving you number etc

• a lot of girls will hold your inexperience against you but don't let that get you down. Not all of them are bitches

• That's what I'm afraid of.

• It sucks but its the truth. I got turned down because a chick found out I was a virgin at least 3 times. If they love u tho dating shouldn 't matter

• You say that being just 20 years old? relax mate. 23 was my first gf. And not only that. First time I touched a girl, first kiss, you name it.

• be christian