Do you think there's still a chance for him and me to get back?

So I met a guy in like April, and we clicked and started to date on May but the thing is I was dealing with depression and self esteem, and we had an on and off break up, me being the breaker he got angry with me but in the end we dated then broke it off again, by me... Do you think he'll give me another chance? I really like him, and I don't want to loose him :( help pleasee!

Thank you to everyone who commented he and I are taking things slow (:

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are suffering from depression and low self esteem, this is definitely not a good time to get into a relationship. You need to get stronger and healthier - if it's meant to be, you guys will find each other again:)

• yeah, at that time it was so difficult for me to even talk to anyone, and he was there for me, but I felt like I was gonna bother him with my crappy situations so I didn't really wanna talk to him, but now that I have gotten better, I don't feel so sad I wanna try to take things slow with him, and maybe if he doesn't want me to be in his life like that then we can be friends... anything is better than not having him in my life anymore :(

• Ok sweetie, the most important thing is that YOU are feeling better - I suffer from depression myself so I know what a living hell it can be. Stay strong and focus on you - at this point, leave it be. Let him think about it and come back on his own terms. Good luck hon:)
      Thanks for MHO:)

• Yeah, thank you for the advice though! You're def right I won't hurt him, he really cared about me and I would look ungrateful for that. And no problem your advice was pretty much helpful! (:

What Guys Said 5

• If you get back together with him, the relationship is 100% to fail.

The reason is because you have not dealt with the problem that caused the breakup in the first place. Each time you break up and get back together, the relationship erodes more and more. You are not thinking in a manner that will solve your problem. Simply getting back together does not solve anything. It only addresses the symptom of the problem without tackling the cause.

While many people with depression and self-esteem issues have successful relationships, your issues are actually causing you to push him away. Until you work those issues out yourself, any relationship you have will likely end up in the toilet.

• ik what you mean, and it's true bc in the past with him he's been patient with me and doesn't treat me like other guys do, and I'm thankful for that, trust me when I would break up with him it was always that, but everything is going so well, I don't feel depressed like I used to, I actually feel like wanting to live now, and my self-esteem is getting better, I never stopped liking him though, hopefully he feels the same way? and if he doesn't then I'll stick with being friends.

• To give you some perspective, your personal problems are likely to be very petty at your age.
      Self esteem issues, body image issues... those are all first world problems. It's not until you see the shithole that other people live in around the world that you can truly appreciate how much you actually have.

I recently travelled to Vietnam. As I sat carefree on the sidewalk sipping on a fresh coconut, there was this early-20's girl working at the market. Then I noticed... she had no hands. She was picking up her merchandise with her stubs. I thought, "geez, she's got it really tough". Then I noticed, she was also missing a foot.

Here I am, on vacation, thinking my life is full of hard work, and along comes this young girl who reminds me how much I have in life. I can't possibly understand her hardships in life. Over here, people whine and complain about their petty problems in life. Its quite sad.

• Actually I'm aware of everyone's problems and Ik that I'm going through a petty small phase and Ik that there's people with may more shitty situations. Ik the world doesn't revolve around me I'm not all about me me me.

• Hi eshka!
    If this lost lover of yours plays video games, I'd say buy him a popular game for one of his consoles. Put the game and a picture of you and a disc containing the song baby come back in a gifted package. Present it to him with a hug. If he still has feelings and you give him new found hope, I still see potential for him to come back.

• Please tell me that's sarcasm lol

• He goes to your school? Do y'all have same classes? You can start up slowly. From schoolwork to socializing, etc.

• used to.

• IN MY POINT OF VIEW GIVING SECOND CHANCE IS GOOD. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOSE HIM GET HIM, GIVE THE SECOND CHANCE ESHKA. BUT, BUT ITS YOUR LIFE YOU MAKE THE DECISION DONT RELAY ON OTHERS ANSWERS, BUT RELAY ON OTHERS IDEAS...

• WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS? lol I'm talking to him, he isn't angry? That's a start (: lol

• dont tell us tell him that !

• Not if you keep pushing away like that

• ik. I feel so terrible for doing that to him, he's honestly the best guy anyone can meet, he's not like those guys that likes to hurt girls, which I'm thankful that he's not like that lol.

• Doesn't everyone?

• oh, well sorry, you can answer any of my questions that I haven't put up anyone as MHO? I'll put you as one.

What Girls Said 2

• if you've broken up with this guy twice, it doesn't sound like you are ready for a boyfriend emotionally. even if the breaking up was because of your depression, you aren't ready to have a boyfriend and deal with all the emotions that come with that. you have to keep in mind his feelings too.

it depends on the guy really in answer to your question.

• Babe, on to bigger and better things.