How important is physical attraction in a relationship?

i have been really concerned about my looks recently. just so so sad. i am 18 years old, 5'1 and 105 lbs. i am an A cup and have got a small but. my body is not nice over all. i don't have an hourglass figure. my face is not that cute. is that way guys don't like me? i know i should be fishing for compliments but i just want to know your opinion guys if it's rather my looks or not. can personality really make up for a bad looking body? imgur (.) com/a/qKN6U
i am crying everyday because of it :( working out doesn't help me much :(

shouldn't be fishing for compliments*

Most Helpful Guy

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some guys like petite women, some like thick women and others like chicks who look like Honey Booboo's mother. Don't beat yourself up over your looks and/or body type. While some guys chase the super model with the personality of a sponge set on fire, some guys would rather have a woman who may not be a 10 but her personality is. And being that you are legal, I can tell you you're an attractive female. Self-esteem starts with the person, so get yours up and go find a guy who finds you attractive.

What Guys Said 10

• Your body is great, but it's a type that's more appreciated as you're older than it would have been in high school.

• To be fair... I suspect your build would also be more popular in North America than Romania.

• In my honest opinion I think that you're actually pretty cute. You don't need an hourglass figure to win a guy over either. I've been into different types of girls and unless you're 5 ft tall and 400 lbs then you're just fine. from the way you typed this you're insecure about your body and it is affecting the way you hold yourself. If you act more confident around people, they will notice that and confidence is a lot more attractive than if a girl walks around with her tail between her knees saying that nobody loves her and she is ugly. Good luck out there and go get em. Nice sunglasses and hat btw, they look good on you :D just remember to be yourself and eventually you will find a guy that is attracted to you in more ways then your figure. I can't stand it when a "hot" girl is vicious and mean towards people and thats a turn off. at least you're nice and honest. Thanks for reading in advance!

• pretty cute is not enough:(

• Look at what Dredd said below me. There are guys out there that are into anything. If you lived in Texas and I knew you I would probably have a huge crush on you that you didn't know about. Until I awkwardly told you that is. Now you shouldn't be so self conscious about your body, You're not fat but In my opinion you're just the right shape considering that I can't see your ribs. I can't stand it when a girl is so skinny their ribs and their hip bones are just out there. You have a very lovely figure and your A cup might even grow later on and over time, some people's dont stop for a long time. Even if they don't there are PLENTY of guys out there who prefer smaller ones and would love you the way you are. And lemme change that pretty cute to I'd probably like you after a day of knowing you. I hate it when girls get so sad about how they look. My best friend does this and it just make me feel sad. I hope you can realize that there are some guys out there that look for girls like you

• https:// www. YouTube (.) com/watch? v=dfKnga-a-7Q

• Yes, you have small breasts and a small butt. doesn't bother most guys I know and never bothered me. Specially when you have such a nice, well-treated body. You are cute, stop aiming towards instagram pseudo-beauty and focus more on seeing how beautiful you are. there's no need for desperation here. You look better than most women I know, and I live in Brazil (need I say more?).

• I've seen really beautiful women dating baboons, i have no idea why. maybe because its so fun watching them throw poo at people, so they keep them around. but ya could be because they think a less attractive guy won't cheat or something. or they are a genuinely good guy!

• Beautiful women date the ugly guys for only three reasons. 1 A big dick is present. 2 The sex is good. 3 they know they will never cheat on them

• never say never

• I can't get the link to work but honestly 105lbs is pretty good to be at so I don't think you have anything to worry about looks wise. Physical attraction's very important but don't think you need to be some supermodel or anything.

• Physical attraction is not at all important to anyone. unless if u want to attract some other else. Be what u r and Do what u r. Be confident in what u r doing. Definitely everyone will attract to u.

• i would say from soudns of things you are pretty attractive do you have any pictures though

• imgur (.) com/a/qKN6U just remove those pharantesis

• thank you and i am from romania:)

• lol nuts too bad you weren't here lol i would love to date you

• my first gf looked almost like you. I choose her in hopes a not good looking girl has the best personality. Later I recognized it doesn't matter, she just cheated on me but I had no problems with the break up, it was just confusing.

• so what do you mean that me and your ex are not good looking? thanks lol

• if you ever made a selfie where you look down to your phone, those are the wierdest pics. so I put the weird pic up here to not attract a creepy girl like before, if you want to see a pic where I don't look like a troll message me cause I won't put my instagram link in public

• messaged you

• Face is fine. Hips seem too wide. You should also be skinnier for your build.

• For women, its the most important thing. Its important for guys too, but guys are more willing to settle. Girls would rather be single that compromise their beloved personal preferences, which is more like a wishlist

What Girls Said 6

• To me it is essential. If I don't feel physically attracted to him, that means I'm not sexually interested in him. If I'm not sexually interested in someone but have feelings for them, those feelings are platonic. And for obvious reasons, I don't want to be in a relationship with someone I have only platonic feelings for.

So much for me, now about you...

You can be concerned about your looks all you want, there will always be plenty of guys out there that will feel physically attracted to you. Whatever it is that bothers you about your body, there will be guys who will not find it bothering. You don't like your face? There are plenty of guys that will like your face. You don't like your figure? There are plenty of guys who will. And so on. Believe me.

Alright, I wrote that last paragraph BEFORE looking at your picture. Now here's my opinion on your chances with guys, based on your actual looks, now that I have seen your picture:
    You have a great body, slim and feminine, you have a cute smile and generally a pretty face from what I can see. So yeah, now I can actually ASSURE you that there are tons of guys that will feel physically attracted to you.

Honestly, you have zero reason to be worried about physical attraction, trust me.

• Physical attraction is very important. Although I shouldn't be using movie references this movie situation does happen. I was watching a movie, I forgot the name, and basically this guy who wasn't that much of a hit really liked this girl that was very pretty. She didn't feel the same way because he wasn't that attractive. He understood that and one day told her to close her eyes. He told her he will love her forever and take care of her and so forth. When she opened her eyes he became the most attractive person in the room just because of his personality. Yes physical attraction is important but your personality is what accentuates it. You can be the most beautiful person in the world but a bad personality makes you look average. The person that doesn't look that good can be the most beautiful person in the world if they have a good personality. It also depends on the guy's taste to. Always keep this in mind, when you go around sometimes you see couples that you wonder what do they see in each other but it's their personality and connection that makes them see each other as beautiful.

• Arati chiar bine, stai linistita :)) Iar restul opiniei o dau in engleza ca sa nu se sperie lumea :)) So I think you should stop worrying. Every guy is different. Some like big boobs and big butt, some like skinny girls, some curvier, some like A/B-cup and so on. Looks matter more when it comes to first impression. I mean if there's no attraction, physically.. it's hard to care only about personality, not gonna lie. But you really shouldn't worry. One of my friends is shorter than you and about the same as you when it comes to looks, maybe bigger boobs. And she is in a relationship>And has been for over a year now. There are guys who I'm sure will like you and will feel lucky to have you. You need to learn how to ignore and not get affected by all those girls you see around you, because every girl no matter how pretty she is, has one things she doesn't like about herself. But I'm sure I can find some people who are like "I am so perfect" lol

• thank you:) your English is great :P but i feel like most guys here don't like me:(

• I feel the same in my town lol. No worries, you're young and usually , from what I've seen in our country, girls who haven't had much luck in high school find a guy when going to University :) Which is why I am not worried. Stop with the negative thinking, it will only make you feel worse. For others to love you , you need to love yourself first

• i know:( i wish it were easier:(

• I see people less attractive than me (and hell I put a shit ton of work into how I look cuz I used to cry too, doing my make up alone takes me like 40mins!) in relationships all the time, and i roll my eyes cuz I have strangers on the street stop to tell me im beautiful but I can't even lock down a man! So my point is that beauty is important (lures people in) but not everything, im picky with men because I want one that will be my best friend, thats what makes a relationship a good one! So you dont want to be choosing the guys that put your looks first, choose the ones who put who are first, scout your friend zone! Highschool feels like the world and its such a small one that its makes your faults bigger than they really are, you'll drop this insecurity once you enter the real world, I know I did! I never got male attention in highschool so I worked really hard to be attractive and then I got to university and boys were all over me, but they didn't make me feel beautiful until I was chillin alone with them in our rooms in my pajamas, no make up, hair in a bun, and they didn't look at me any differently. You still have growing up to do, this will pass!!!

• thanks girl!

• i want to become a beautiful girl too :( i swear i take care of myself and put on makeup and get my hair done and it takes a lot but guys still dont find me attractive:( that sucks

• you didn't pay attention!!! you're 18, you're still a fucking baby, when you go to university/college, when you become a woman, the guys will be all over you! Just don't let them all have what they want haha if you want to go the extra mile you can try changing subtle behavior, for example i strut when i walk, victoria's super model style, make me feel sexy. I also always keep my hair down so it flows around. Study Marilyn Monroe, she was really good at subtle sexy behaviors that made her hard to look away from

• Wtf you're super cute, no need to be sad. I agree that your body isn't very curvy but it's not that bad. If it's something that's bothering you try to do some squats for your butt it really works if you do it right (:

• i guess my boyish body is a huge turn off to guys:( i tried squats

• Noo it's def not a turn off, it's fit and healthy. I'm just saying that if you want a curvier body you should start off with squats. And if you don't see results it means you're not doing it right

• -are you wearing makeup in your pictures?

• no i am not wering makeup in my swimsuit pics

• I can barely even see your face so I don't know maybe post better pictures. They are super tiny