Why am I attracted to dominate males?

I'm a feminist and I don't know why... I think in movies they make it look sexy.
When in real life it isn't. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with Stick in a way. If you look at nature, most of the males are the dominant ones such as tiger, lions, etc. It isn't weird to be attracted to dominance. I have a lot of friends that are like that too. I think that normally the guy should be dominant in the relationship but I'm fine if the girl wants to order me around. In movies they glamour up sex and love, in real life it can be even better than the movies as long as you find the right person.

What Guys Said 7

• Your dad (or the man educating you) was or came over as a dominant person. Since he's the first adult male you encountered in your life, this image remains in your brain.

• What do you mean by in real life it isn't?

• Men are supposed to be the dominate ones. It's just natural. It's in our DNA

• Well that's simple becauce you want someone the you can feel safe/protected around.

• Because you're a girl.

• no i cri naw

• Do you want Edward Cullen style dominant, or do you want reasonably dominant?

• Christian Grey style.

What Girls Said 5

• It's common to be attracted to masculine males. Just like it's common for men to be attracted to feminine females. It's just biology.

• Being a feminist and being attracted to someone with a strong personality aren't mutually exclusive.

• it's probably you are a submissive female.

• Lol. I'm a virgin. Maybe when I get married I'll find out.

• I agree with @StickStickity13. Long ago, men were the strong dominant ones who fought and the women gathered and took care of the home. Women were generally protected by the men. So what you're feeling is a natural instinct I would say. I feel the same way sometimes...

• its horrible because he more dominant the more douche he is... women naturally crave dominate males because they sleep with more women, meaning your son will follow the same.

of course this is awful and having a loving husband who is less whatever, is more of a realistic choice in life today we are not animals, but humans living in a society you just have to try and ignore those urges they will screw you over.