So is he basically saying he likes me just not enough for a relationship?

Okay so I finally told this guy that I liked him last night & when I asked him I need to know how he feels & if this is one sided he said 'I think a lot of you.' & 'don't be so silly of course I like you, just not enough for what you want though.'

Which is fair enough he pretty much said he has no intrest in a relationship or commitment.

Does this mean he has feelings for me but not enough to get in a relationship? Or is he just trying to soften the blow? Why can't guys just come out straight with how they feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• As you said, he has no interest in a relationship right now. He might like you, yes, of course, but that doesn't mean he likes you enough to want a relationship with you right now. I find it hard to believe that anyone will tell a guy or girl that they are truly in love with "I'm not ready for a relationship"... that's very contradicting. If you're that into someone then you're not going to find reasons or excuses to not be with that person. You'll be finding every reason to want to be with that special someone. I hope you see what I mean. I think it's time you move on and find someone who is as passionate about you as you are about them.

As for your last question, I think girls are guilty of this too. People don't want to straight up reject others cause they like to keep their options open. It's like a safety net of some sort. They know this person like them but they'd rather just keep their foot half in the door and give some pathetic excuse in the hopes to leave you still hung up on them while they can roam around and be free to date whomever they please. It's a ego boost. Knowing someone likes you and then knowing you have the power over them. Some people feed off this kind of attention. It's all a game to them.

What Guys Said 2

• I interpret that as him saying, "I'm not into you, but I'm willing to let you convince me to."

• Because when we do, we typically get shot down

• Huh sorry? I don't understand? Shot down do you mean?

• I told the girl I like, that I like her a couple weeks ago. Ever since then she's been ignoring me and even said "you don't want me as your girlfriend"

• But I've told him I like him so surely there should be no room for him to think that id shoot him down?

What Girls Said 2

• So is he basically saying he likes me just not enough for a relationship?
    Yes.

Or is he just trying to soften the blow?
    I doubt he's trying to soften the blow.

Why can't guys just come out straight with how they feel?
    I find most guys do come out straight with how they feel rather gals tend not to listen if they don't like what they hear. Take your example where he's said he has no interest in a relationship or commitment and he likes you but not enough for what you want though yet you still seem confused about it.

• eh i was with a guy who said he thought about me a lot, he wanted me to be with him exclusively, he cared about me, but "girlfriend" was off the table and for most of the relationship so was PDA. He would invite me to hang out with him and his friends for he had me meet his parents, but for the most part how indecisive he was about commiting to me was really sad, we were a couple on paper but he didn't want to acknowledge it, so weird, you're better off without him