Guys: Is a girl initiating the texting annoying?

I have a guy friend and we have hung out and maybe it's more but I've realized that I'm mostly the one initiating the texting but when we hang out he's the initiator. Am I annoying? Would this bug you or would you be grateful?

• yes
  • no
  • whichever
Wow the poll is so interesting!

Most Helpful Guy

• No way, you da real MVP. If he initiates the meetings, then he might not like chatting at all, but for sure makes him smile when you msg. him :)

• You think? Thanks. I was getting worried about it :)

• Logic is my life ;).
      There are some people who just don't like texting. Try asking him when you meet him next time. Nothing wrong with that.
      Just don't try to keep the conversation alive by any means while chatting. If he doesn't ask you back, take a step back, and just wait until next time you see him or something. I know it's hard, but probably better outcome ;)

• To right. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• Its simple really we guys will initiate most of the texting when we like you... unless we're shy. But if the girl never initiates then we feel she is not interested even if she is showing signs of interest. Because we don't know if you're responding just to be friendly or not. We like when the girl text us first every so often like once a week or so it shows us that you actually care

• What if I ask him to meet up again?

• Don't ask him to hang out thats his job but you can give him subtle hints to nudge him in the right direction like say you like a certain movie or you really like this type of food things where he can say we should go see it or eat that you know

• His job? So I can hint?

• No, not at all. I let my crush text me first, she seems more responsive that way, lol.

• Do you mean like playing that 'texting game' where you wait?

• I don't consider it a game, but yea normally just wait and go about my business.

• If I like her, no. If I don't... Yes.

• i prefer a girl to initiate what she wants more than me, a guy can never know what a girl wants cause girls are picky

• But when does it turn from interest to annoying?

• Thing is I am rather shy ^^ but very good point well made it'll just be straight about it. Why beat around the bush

• you got it girl, go for it ;)

What Girls Said 3

• If the guy likes you then it is not going to be annoying to him. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with initiating a conversation. As long as you're not ring the one initiating every text conversation.

• I text a guy whenever I feel like it. I cannot stand sexist texting 'rules'. It's text!! Why do people make it so hard?

• Tots agree! But I don't want to be a pest

• Thank you for asking this question because I'm always the one initiating and I feel so annoying :/