Feeling Insecure In My Relationship.. What Should I do?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 months and Im starting to have some reservations. At first everything started off good but then he felt the need to self disclose a little too much. Although I am fairly attractive (guys hit on me alot) Im still insecure about my appearance. My bf compliments me often but my boyfriend also felt the need to tell me about all his celebrity crushes like anytime someone would come on tv. Then the other day he tells me about a girl he dated when he was 18 (hes 22 now) that looked like Christina Milian (one of his fave celeb crushes). I've talked to him about it and stuff and about how it bothers me and he aays he won't bring up his crushes anymore but I don't know why that comment about the girl he dated in the past still bothers me. Like it makes me feel like since i dont look like one of his top crushes that he might have liked or thought she's hotter than me. How can i fix this because i honestly feel like crap now. But he always tells me im beautiful and the most beautiful to him and he's a good guy so i dnt want to just give up but how can i fix how Im feeling? so what can i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't change your feelings, and you're not wrong to have them, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to act on them.

I shall demonstrate:

You are a stupid bitch.

Now try to feel good about that. You can't. It was mean and completely senseless. So, what should you do? Call me something back? Cry about it? Cut yourself? What good will any of that do? I'm just an anonymous stranger on the internet and you don't have to put up with me. You do have to put up with your boyfriend, and he's hurt your feelings. But what good does it do to dwell on it? You're putting yourself in a state where you will force things he says or does into a negative frame based on this past instance. That can be damaging for you both. Have your feelings, and then be done with them I'm sure you have other things you want to do.

What Guys Said 2

• Be confident in yourself. If you rely on others for how you feel about yourself, it'll be catastrophic. It's just a meaningless crush, nothing more.

• Be secure in yourself. Your hot looking then celeb crushes won't comparecuz your with him not the celeb

What Girls Said 2

• It's wrong of him to do this because how would he feel if you were lusting after male celebs? It would also make him feel inadequate. Start doing the same and see how he feels, it might make him stop.

• They're celebrities, they're not real. Why are you worried about people you see on tv?