My mom says her and I can go on a vacation anywhere in the US in April but I don't know where?

Well I live in California and my dad an my sister are on a vacation right now because she wanted to go see a volleyball game and my mom said in April when her and I have time we can go somewhere in the US but I can't decide where?

Oh and nowhere that demands a lot if physical movement like hiking because my mom had a hurt back

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what kinds of things interest you. The civil war, the revolutionary war, ghosts, amusement parks, snow boarding, animal encounters, the list of interests goes on, and on. Typically people go on vacation to do what they can't do at home. I am in Oklahoma, so going to a beach is something a lot of people here want to do. Being in California, that likely isn't high on your list since you are much closer to one. We need more information about you, before we could give any helpful advice. Why not tell us the things you like, and we can give you suggestions of places based on that?

• I want to go to museums and see historical places and stuff

• New York most likely has some of the best museums in the world. I would love to go there some day, but that actually can require a lot of walking, because they are so big. Even then there are different types of museums.

As far as historical stuff, it depends on what part of history you like the most. I would prefer seeing things from the revolutionary war. Other people favor the civil war more.

What Guys Said 6

• leave it to the gods and go old school, get a map of the US and just throw a dart at it and where in lands you go there

• Washington DC and Northern VA if you want some awesome history about the US. There isn't a more historic state than Virginia and there isn't a more historic city than DC.

• I'd recommend you spend 2 days in DC going to their world famous museums and monuments. Then spend a day at Mount Vernon (George Washingtons home) and split a day between Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home that's on the back of most nickle coins) and Montpellier (James Madison's home). All the homes are in VA, and I think the farthest is about 1.5 hrs from DC. Jamestown (the first permanent settlement in the US) and Williamsburg are further south in VA but can be interesting to check out too.

• Sounds fun thanks

• Rocky Canyons.

• pick somewhere thats opposite to where you live rather than similar and you will have a great time!

• Try to think of a few places or events you really want to see and then try narrowing it down from there. We can't decide for you especially if we don't know what you like.

• Key west or Maine

What Girls Said 8

• Depends what you want to do. Shopping? NYC. Hiking? Relaxing?
    If I could go anywhere in the US I would pick upstate NY in the fall (Adirondacks), Maine, Boston (lived in the area for 5 years)... New England in general. Also, Virginia. Been to DC twice - lots of neat stuff to see but too humid and busy for more than a day.
    Always wanted to see more of the South.

• Are the cherry blossoms in bloom at Washington DC during that time? I've always wanted to go see them. They're just so pretty.

• I recommend Hawaii or Las Vegas.

• I live very close to those places wanna go a little farther

• I don't know where everything is on the map but if you want to go further try New York or Florida. Only thing is New York is only fun at night in my opinion. There isn't much to do during the day unless you go shopping.

• I vote for DC

• where haven't you been?

• So many places anywhere that is not a beach

• Detroit and Nevada

• Up until recently I lived in California and there's a lot of places you can go that aren't beach adjacent (i saw you mentioned that that's too close, but there really is a ton of stuff to do, lol)

I'm not really sure what to recommend that'd be good for your mom. All the good places require a lot of walking (nature trails, amusement parks, museums, shopping centers) it's a fair amount of exercise

At first I was gonna recommend Texas--you got the Alamo and San Antonio's Riverwalk, but you mentioned you've been to Nevada, so you probably aren't wanting to go anywhere thats hot

The best thing I can think of is flying out to Boston and taking a tour of New England. there's a lot of history there and the scenerys beautiful, and NYC is only a few hours away, in case you need something thats a little up-tempo

here's a few sites I found:
      www.thetravelerszone.com/.../
      www.travelandleisure.com/.../americas-most-visited-tourist-attractions

just don't go to North Carolina! ... i moved here a couple months ago and it's the most boring and hot place i've been in this country, lol

• You should visit New York or The Grand Canyon. You could also visit either the Rocky Mountains or the five great lakes which are in Michigan. One of those.

• San Fransisco, NYC, Hawaii.. To name a few.

• Hawaii? Tropical areas are beautiful though the whether is really bad there. You could go to maybe Dominica Republic or Cuba if you guys are allowed to go there