Got friendzoned, won't find another girl, no point in living?

I got badly friendzoned by a girl a month ago. I've searched every where to see if there was any hope, haha, and, there is none. I've completely given up, congratulations, you win, I have nothing but complete hatred and utter contempt for life. All I want to do is go in the bathroom and hang myself. Don't give me some nonsense about how "I'll find another girl" or "she wasn't the one". I don't care about any other girl, she was special to me. Don't you idiots get it? There is no hop, hope is a lie, there's only pain and emptiness. It's said that in the Greek tale of Pandora's box, hope was the most evil thing released upon the box's opening, fitting, I'd say. Hope made me stave off my thoughts of suicide, and I finally realize that it was all false. I see everything clearly now, I'm simply not allowed to be happy. I can't have friends, can't get close to people, and can't be with the girl I love, haha, what a cruel joke life is. I'm so sick of people, why can't they just accept it? Life is just pointless and empty, there is absolutely no reason to live. I truly won't ever love another girl, they are beyond worthless to me. I wish I died. I truly wish she just shot me and ended my life the day she rejected me. I'm ultimately a complete loser. Doesn't everyone see? Love is just pain, it's nonsensical, and superfluous, and anyone that believes in it as a misguided idiot. I tried to have hope, I really did, but every where I turned, people said to give up hope, and, you know what? They were right, hope is evil. I'd be better off dead, in fact, I'd say I probably deserve to die at this point, that'd be preferable. I don't care what you say, things won't ever get better, she was my last hope for happiness, now it can't be happy, not ever again.

Doesn't even matter, everyone is just a piece of shit anyway.
Honestly, I already hate any other girl I could meet, she won't ever be her, so she's not special, or worth my time.

Most Helpful Girl

• So what you are saying is your whole life surrounds girls? Dude, I know the pain. I liked a guy so badly and he friendzoned me. I liked him for eleven years so yea it hurt. I had worse things happening in life though, my parents were emoionally and mentally abusive to me (and still are,) we are in poverty, physical violence occurred, all of my friends abandoned me, my dad was dying, it was really tough. I reccomend you dedicate your life to something you love. Maybe try writing songs or stories to get through the pain? That is what I have been doing. Trust me, it eases the pain when you concentrate on one thing in your life. Just try forme, please? You are worth it. I have been through battles and I am just starting to see the bright light in that dark sky night if you may say. I also reccomend listening to upbeat songs and power through life. Take action. Make her regregret friendzoning you. I personally listen to Owl City's "Ultraviolet" EP, it describes my life and it may help you. If not, try some Blink 182. I live life to the fullest by traveling and performing my music at different cities. I hope everything works out for the best. Please comment below if you need more help or advice.

What Girls Said 10

• I know it says I'm over 18 in my status but I'm not I'm under 18 but the point in what I'm saying is that u shouldn't kill your self I have tried many times I tried to drown my self I have cut my wrist many time and I have tried choking myself but I could never go through with it cuz this monster that we call life sometimes we are just to scared to loose it and then in that moment when we try we start to break down and cry I have talked to many of my friends I have sent them death poems and everything but I wouldn't cuz they say if I kill my self they will kill there self so it males me think if I tale my life I could take 20 others cuz me and my friends have bonds and sometimes its better to be friend zoned trust me I've dated this one boy 6 time and he actually friend zoned me 3 times and I friend zoned him 3 times but at this point now we see each other as brother and sister but u really shouldn't let one person determine your life cuz ik what that's like reading what u said made me cry and I hid in a closet cuz I was embarrassed about the fact that I did the same exact thing I really have had many death wishes but never did and when you are friend zoned u realize how tight your bond is with that person and yes you may still have feelings for them like me and my friend do but that's what keeps the friendship lasting longer I have literally been friends with this guys for over 3 years now and we stayed friends even when we were dating just please dont kill yourself cuz you are a great guy and im sure that everyone that has seen and commented with your post can believe that your a great guy so please dont kill yourself you r to good of a person and strong and emotional and someday there will be another girl that will love that in you much more and you might make her your wife and have a daughter that you will love to just don't kill yourself and don't let words bring u down cuz I have gone emo cuz of a relationship just please comment back or inbox me so we cantalk

• YOU'RE UNDER 18, YOU'RE A CHILD, YOU DON'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, OTHER PEOPLE DO, YOU HAVEN'T LIVED YET, AND YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! When you grow up you are going to look back at this and laugh! hahahaha I'm not saying your pain isn't real, i'm saying that this is your first experience and you don't know how to deal so you are over reacting. You are not the first to go through this, so when people say its going to be okay and it won't kill, its the truth, from experience. It will pass, i went through it and i lived to go through it again! I suffocated in pain over a guy for a whole year, but by the end of that year i made so much progress. She won't be the last, and you will probably go through this a few more times with a few other girls, but EVERYONE goes through this and look around, we're all alive. I wish I could be with you 4 years from now to laugh with you about this.

• I wish I could skip ahead to this magic future where I can't feel anything, but it's too far away. I can't handle this pain, I'm not a normal person, I don't feel like everyone else, I feel stronger, more intensely, I can only maintain near sanity by near total suppression of my emotions. I fucking hate love, I truly fucking do, it's too intense. If she won't be the last, that just means I'll suffer more. If God is real, I truly was a mistake, that or he's just evil.

• I hope I'm laughing.

• I have felt EXACTLY how you felt (except i find it embarrassing to whine to the world about my problems, so i dealt with it internally, like a grown up hahaha) and it took me a year to laugh, and man am i laughing! Seriously, reading your post reminded me so much of what i went through that i laughed, and thats why i said that you would laugh, so promise you'll think of me when you laugh about this dammit! :P

• You are dumb for putting this much weight and importance to one STUPID girl. If she is the one why not wait it out? You CAN get out of the friendzone with time. It's not the end of the world. If you care for her as much as you seem to, then you'd be happy to be there for her until she sees you in that way.

• Really? Just like that 1 girl was enough for you to give up on?
    Life is trial and error you didn't conquer her but it doesn't mean you can't do EVEN BETTER and find an EVEN BETTER girl that will make you EVEN BETTER! OMG don't be so pessimistic on life based on ONE bad experience. Don't give up, you're so young! I'm 22, never had a bf, never been kissed, never have been asked out only have had guys talk to me and expect a hook up which I won't just lay out my cards for. It doesn't mean I will give up, I feel bad A LOT because I doubt myself and wonder what I'm doing wrong. Like am I pushing people away or what? I just keep my head up high and keep on moving forward in my life, some days I'm very happy and some days I just want to give up but DON'T please don't life is more than just pleasing one person, it's also about pleasing yourself and being happy!

• "I'm 22, never had a bf, never been kissed, never have been asked out "
      This took me 30 minutes to actually believe in your sentence.

• I called everyone an idiot because they're the ones that taught me to hope, and that was wrong. They taught me to be good and kind, but, the world doesn't work that way, you have to be cold and cruel, the kind of man that would devour his own children, to be successful in life. What's the point in that, hahaha, all my life the world spat in my face and taught me to hate both it, and myself. This was just one more punch in the gut. People say "oh be happy, be kind, have fucking confidence, get over it" it's too much, I'M NOT A MACHINE! I'M NOT THIS INSANE IDEAL, I'M NOT PERFCT, I CAN'T JUST WILL AWAY MY FEELINGS NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY!!! It was when I finally realized I can't stop feeling, I'd just continually suffer in this fucking hell, never being good enough, it was when I realized I can't kill my emotions, that I saw that I have to kill myself instead.

• Listen I understand that you must have said things you didn't mean when you're mad and upset. I am stubborn and mean sometimes too but none likes me when I'm in that mode. I don't know your story & your life as you don't know mine but we can only help you so much it has to be done on your part. You get to decide if you want to be happy or not and the way you choose to be. There are many ways you can be happy but you have to find that happiness. I'm sorry to hear that you were pushed to be so negative and cold. I do hope you find that inner peace and happiness as cliche and cheesy as that sounds I sincerely do.

• You've seriously almost made me cry reading this. You sound like a verrry brilliant and smart boy. Who has such a HUGE purpose and potential for anything, in this fucked up game of life. Please don't give her the satisfaction of ending a beautiful life, because she didn't realize how amazing you are. I know that you're depressed but suicide is horrific. There's lost souls that are stuck on this Earth forever, because they regret their decision. Pleasse don't give in to this. I've gone so close to suicide as far as planning it and writing poems about my afterdeath over someone that I really cared about. He made me feel worthless and I thought of everything wrong in my life, in myself. I hated myself.. Now that person isn't in my life it isn't perfect. I'm not perfect but I'm happy. you're wayy too brilliant and seem like a too strong of a person to commit suicide.

• Thanks for that, I feel sane again, I know I pushed her away with my suicidal thoughts and all that (I was suicidal prior to her rejection).

• No problem. Message me (or anyone. I don't care if its a stranger) if you feel suicidal again.(Please don't.) You really scared me there.

• You are NOT better off dead. I don't care if you don't believe me, I'm still going to try. Think of all the people that care about you. What will they think? What about making your mark? Don't you want people to remember you as someone? I know it hurts being rejected, but that doesn't mean you have to end things. Come on dust yourself off and keep living. I'm sure one day you'll find a reason to be happy. No I don't know who you are or what your situation, but I do know that things will get better. Life is a gift. Many people don't get to live it before it's snatched away. You do. So keep trying, because one day you'll make it.

• I did find a reason to be happy, she was my reason, only to become a cruel reminder of how evil reality is. I don't care about my family or friends, they'll get over it, me, I'm nobody. And life isn't always a gift, what about people born with disabilities? Life screws everyone over, making it for me would be putting my head on a railroad track and hoping the pain ended quickly.

• I don't care if she was hurt if died, maybe, maybe I won't some people to be hurt by it, to understand how my pain felt. I am honestly crying right now, I am so angry.

• That's understandable, but you shouldn't have to kill yourself to feel like people care about you. It's ok to cry.

• You don't deserve to die. You are here for a reason. There is way more to life than girls believe me. Just keep taking a day at a time. You will get through this

• In a few years, you'll look back at this and laugh.

• If I'm not dead, haha.

• Killing yourself over some random girl would be pretty incredibly stupid.

• I am rather brash.

• let me start off with a warning you had better stop even contemplating being better off dead, its not true.
    now there are a lot worse things the being friend zoned by a girl you like and i know that for a fact, okay.
    i was friend zoned by a guy i've like for almost four yeas and we're great friends atm. Hope if anything is very real as is love and hate and everything else, there will be other girls in your future, there always is

• you should just want her to be happy. just because you're nice doesn't mean she owes you anything. if she really meant that much to you, then you'd be okay just being friends.

• Except I'm not a movie character, I'm a real person, and actually want to be happy as well.

• Fine, let's say the man you loved started screwing your best friend, everything changes, doesn't it? Btw, I didn't like her until we were already friends, so, no, I didn't befriend her to get laid, but that doesn't matter, does it? Apparently, my life should be about sacrificing my happiness for everyone else, well, guess what, it has, and it's made me feel like shit and want to die. If rather live in a dream world, I utterly hate how much life screwed me over.

• Yeah, rejection hurts. But your happiness shouldn't rely on someone else, Your happiness is YOUR responsability. You are the main scource of your own happiness. You are blaming this girl for your happiness. It's hard to move on, but it is possible. Do something you like to do. Listen to awesome music and dance around. Watch your favorite funny movie. hang out with other friends. gt a whole chocolate cake. learn a new fun skill.
      if you're feeling that bad then you need to seek other ways to help yourself. whether it be anything i listed above or professional help. your own happiness starts with you and you alone.

What Guys Said 8

• Ok guess what. You found the fools gold. You got to the end of the rainbow, and instead of coins and jewels, you got a pot full of crap. You're right. Hope is just there, so honest people get screwed. You know why? Its not solely to screw honest people. Its cause there's greedy motherfuckers out there who profit from it. They're not going to stop telling you to have hope, and if you listen to them, they're going to continue screwing them. They'll pretend its in your best interest, but the fact of the matter is, its in their best interest. Thats how people are. They dont have to be that way, they choose to, and you can't do anything to stop them. But you're not fucked.

Take women off of a pedestal. They're not all that great honestly. Someday, you might find one who fulfills you, makes you feel good about yourself, and fills you with the kind of love you hope for. Its not likely. I was lucky enough to find just one, and she lives in an entirely different state. Anyway the point is even if you can't find a good woman, you don't need one to complete you. Whats the one thing they are good for, shitty people or not? Sex. And everything else that they say love has to offer? Attention, appreciation, confidence, etc. aren't those things you can find in other aspects of your life? Do you need to respect women just because they tell you to? SHOULD you even respect a woman who has no respect for you? God no. Besides, a way to a girls pants isn't love, or any of the positive things they pretend work on them. Its jealousy, ignoring them, and sometimes just plain telling them the faults that no one else has the balls to even admit they have. Its the topic of almost every single question on this site, why does this guy i like keep making me jealous, why does this guy i like keep putting me down, why does this guy i like keep ignoring me? OH I DONT KNOW, MAYBE BECAUSE IT WORKS.

• Trust me, i would LOVE to find a girl i don't have to disrespect or exploit just to make her wet for me. I would love to find a woman i can be good to who isn't complete crap in return. But its just not realistic, and its not good for me to keep putting my heart on the line when thats where women go to park their boot, so to speak. Call it enlightened cynicism. The reverse golden rule, treat others the way they treat you and everyone gets what they deserve. It makes sense right? You treat the bitchy women like crap, the good girls like queens, the bitches get you laid and the nice girls gain the confidence they may have lost from all the douchebags and bitches who walked on them. Its not being an asshole, its making the best of a bad situation, and everyone gets their just desserts.

• But, that's not me, I can't treat people like that, and, if I did, I'd be absolutely awful, I'd deliberately try to make them cry, make them truly miserable, so, no, I can't.

• No i'm not saying make people cry. I'm not even saying be directly horrible to them. All i'm saying is you take your cynicisms to heart instead of ignoring them and letting them rule you. The world IS a fucked up place. Most of it, not all of it. If you keep on denying that to yourself because you want to have hope, you're going to keep on getting screwed by it. But its not black and white, there will always be people you can rely on, people you can trust, you just have to learn how to choose better. What i'm saying isn't to be vile to people for no reason, what i'm saying is you should be vile to vile people and good to good people, and when you dont know who is who, don't offer that good part of yourself until you know thats what they are. Don't put your heart or your manhood on the line for them until they're willing to put their heart on the line for you. If they demand respect and give you none, dont fucking listen. And yeah, it hurts accepting this, but its better than suicide.

• Go for it.

You sound too weak to live anyway.

Best you die off now and save your space and oxygen for a baby who will grow up to appreciate the gift of life.

• "Don't you idiots get it?"

"and anyone that believes in it as a misguided idiot."

"everyone is just a piece of shit anyway"

Not insulting me (and everyone else here). Could have got you some damn good advice.

Oh well.

• Haha, life spat in my face, so I spat back.

• You liked her. Then didn't want to like her. Got friendzoned. Now you've got a chip on your shoulder.

And you have the nerve to call us idiots?

"Could have got you some damn good advice"

I'm going to be generous and give you some any way.

Grow up and take responsibility for your failure.

• I didn't want to like her because every time I liked a girl I got fucked over, then I changed my mind when she didn't treat me like shit, like every other girl did.

• You honestly think you the only guy that went through it, I have been rejected by the girl I thought was perfect I felt everything your feeling and more, because at the time my mother was in the hospital and nursing home (still is) and slowly dying, while I just fucking watch, trust me I had a 1911 .45 to my head and thought that my life was fucking useless, I got rejected by the girl I loved, my mothers dying and what good can I do for the world,.. Then I realized I'm not even 20 yet, and neither are you, and in my life there will be a better girl, my mother will either get better or die, but I'll get over it... Plus there are kids in other countries suffering more than you and me combined, both their parents are dying, and they are dying and a lot more is going in then that, so just calm the fuck down and realize life can be a lot fucking worse

• If life will be a lot worse, what's the point?

• They kept you for a reason

• You're apperntly up to their standards, you weren't aborted, you aren't in a foster home, and they didn't abandon you

• Boyy.. look... if you are American then believe me.. love doesn't exist in your country. Actually true love doesn't exist. When any two people are together, there is a reason. All conditional love bro. There are hardly 0.01% of people on this planet who will love you unconditionally.
    Except parents.. Nobody is yours. All other relationship are solely based on trust.
    As you will grow... you will look back at it and laugh one day like i am doing now.

• Yup, that's why I wish I was a sociopath.

• aren't you that same guy that did this like a week ago? you didn't love her, but you're going to be blinded to that simple facet, huh?

• ok so a lot of these people are saying she is a douche but maybe it just whas doomed to fail so in the aftermath you could try to find something to do a game for example and maybe it will help to get her of your mind and if it dosent find anther game or try some type sport maybe?

• This wasn't really a question, it is just a rant. And no, I am not saying that to be a jerk, I am saying that because I doubt you care what the other opinions are, so long as they agree with your wallowing in self pity.

Cut the teenage drama, this is one girl. Yes, she is special. Yes, she 'friendzoned' you. Does that mean she hates you? As far as I know, friendzoning involves being /friends/ ... coming from a guy who thinks he is friendless.

She doesn't owe you anything, but she probably cares to some degree. Friends care for eachother. Just because she doesn't want to be romantically involved isn't the end of the world. Tough love, grow up.

• Then I don't owe this piece of shit hellhole anything either. I don't need to be kind, or considerate, or good. I can be a piece of shit, and I can end my life, see, now it's all fair.

• It is a selfish existence indeed, if you only live to owe and be owed. Life isn't about giving and taking- the idea that you will be repaid all your good deeds is selfish and unreasonable. And to quote someone a lot smarter than me,

"Life isn't fair, and you better hope that's true. If life is fair, then you deserve every bad thing that happens to you."

• I don't expect to be repaid for the good I do, but I don't want to be punished for it wither.