Are "westernized" middle eastern/arab girls willing to date guys who are NOT middle eastern, arab, or muslim etc…?

I'm from Canada, and here there is great cultural diversity. All my life I've been to school and grown up with people from various ethnic backgrounds. When I'm out I usually see two types of middle eastern girls: Those that wear the hijab, dress conservatively. But, there are also those don't, and they dress just like the "western" girls. I know a few of them and they were born here as well. Does this mean they would be willing and open to date a guy from any cultural background if they like him?

I know their parents must be muslim, but allowing their daughters to dress the way they do (sometimes really high maintenance with nails done, full makeup, revealing clothes, etc..) would imply that they'd be ok with letting their daughters be available to guys from any culture no?

I've seen a few young couples with the boyfriend not being middle eastern here, but not a lot. Usually he is also... I guess it's case by case, and it depends...
Based on the answers I guess in the end even if she does date you, its gonna have to be a "secretive" relationship and it's gonna be complicated. What a shame, I find many middle eastern girls to be very attractive and beautiful. It's disappointing..

Most Helpful Girl

• No... from my experience even if a girl wears revealing clothing it doesn't mean their parents would be ok with marrying or being with a guy from any culture... I'm almost full middle eastern , don't have much to do with the culture... fit into white American culture but my dad is from overseas and wants to keep the culture... it's important to him so he instills this on me... but at the same time I am my own person, and have to live my life how I want instead of making others happy... which is why I started dating in my late 20s... I'm 30 now and am engaged to a white non-muslim (I keep him a secret from my parents because they would flip so bad)... I'm actually not attracted to middle-eastern men if they are not lebanese.

• In response to your update... it really depends on how far the woman is willing to go to be with you if her parents will freak out and disown her... for me... I'm just keeping it a secret to save up money... I plan on telling my parents soon... so if they do disown me and kick me out I have a means to take care of myself... I'd pick my BF over my family 100% cause I'm not very close to them... so it really does depend on the girl and what type of relationship she has with her family. The middle east is a large area and not everyone thinks the same... some cultures are more strict than others...

What Girls Said 4

• No that happens here in the UK too but at the end of the day - the girls settle with Muslim guys. It's the way their parents were raised - they will give the same upbringing to their children. Those who were taught its good to dress conservatively and wrong to dress provocatively will teach their kids the same. Those who were taught its alright if you dress in revealing clothes would allow their kids to do the same

• It seriously depends on the girl. They'd probably date you in secret but most of the time they stick to their own kind.

• Hey hey hey not all arab are muslim , a lots of egyptians and lebanese are christians so you can have any of them ! if she's muslim than it's pointless to even talk to her , muslima only marry muslim and that is never going to change :p

• Probably yes. But keep. in mind that they may still be bound to their ccultures. Im turkish i dont wear hijab but im still conservative.

• Oh and i say go for it. We dont discriminate people they'd date you ;)

• lol yeah I asked this question because I've seen a few possibly showing signs of interest towards me, and I'm not muslim or middle eastern at all. That's why I was wondering..

• Ask them out lol

What Guys Said 1

• Just because the parents are more liberal in their views, doesn't necessarily mean they're okay with their daughter dating outside the religion, and it doesn't mean that she wants to date outside her religion either.

I'm an atheist. Guess how many liberal christian girls have been willing to continue pursuing a relationship with me once that topic came up?