Has anyone felt like they were falling in love with someone they had an online relationship with?

Have you ever had such a great connection with someone online that you started feeling like you are falling for them, but have never met them? Should you cut off the connection? What should you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Uh I've always had a problem with online relationships. To me a vast majority of how we feel about a person is depend upon there presences as a whole. The tone in which they speak. There reactions to the frustrations of life. They're openness to people. Words can do a lot but they can only do so much in allowing us to see the whole person. To me falling in love with someone online is much like falling in love with a character from a book. You're only getting a fraction of who that person is and that fraction is conveyed to be a certain way by the author of whatever you're reading. The character your reading about seems great because those other pieces that you can't fill in by reading are filled in by your own imagination. So you fall in love with all the positive traits given to you and your allowed to throw away those negative traits that bother us about the people we meet in real life. You never see prince charming's disgusting habit of leaving food all over the house and hair in the shower or how rude he is to waiters. We just assume because we're never shown the things they don't want us to see. So it's very hard for me to believe any one can fall in love over the Internet. I believe attraction can get very high over the Internet but if takes really getting to know a person in real life and accepting the flaws they may not even know they have to truly say you love someone.

• Jeez so many typos and grammatical errors. My apologies.

What Guys Said 2

• Ya sometime it feels so that we are falling in love with someone whom we haven't seen and possibily will never see. But still it gives pleasure and matter of satisfaction due to sex chatting and i really enjoy it a lot. Ifeel no reason to cut of connection or unfriend them. I always like to add such people with me .

• You can do this with a lot of people? Is there one you like the most? I agree that keeping it a fantasy is what is keeping it alive...

• Ya i have one who is thousands of km away from me and i know i will never meet her but still we share everything except bed. We share out feelings , our festival wishes, birthdays, success, and i love her soo much .

• Yes, I don't think online relationships tend to work out though. Most people who engage in them are not seriously looking for someone, they just want to mess around.

What Girls Said 3

• I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for raising the question for both of us. :)

• Yeah it's a dilemma. I almost feel like I can't focus on "real" guys because of it. I don't know what to do...

• That's nice - who knows, maybe you guys have a genuine connection. You'll know when you see each other. Good luck to you, I hope it works out! :)

• I hope so. He still confuses me. Although he had me and his Mom vid chat on skype, so yeah I met his Mom, but sometimes he won't talk to me for 1-3 days.. I dunno.. not sure now to be honest.

• i wana friend with u

• Online you idealize the person it's like a fantasy until you really meet. It's easy to type the right things but you need face to face time.